Pimp my Ride, EDMONTON.. 56K die. My mom's stolen car story.

So was the radar detector in there before?

Nope, but its in my typeR now. :smiley:

did the thieves get busted or was it abandoned?

This reads like an Urban Legend.

How cool that it happened to your mom!

if you hoist er up theres also a green vin plate on the underside of hte engine and tranny (or maybe that was TSX/RSX’s dunno). should be one under the hood and trunk. looks like easy stuff to replace cept the leather trim around the center console they pryed up. did you ever find out how they boosted it without the immoblizer key?

yeh seen the 5 speeds get warranty more than the autos.

Well I just talked to my dad about when we are getting the car back. Looks like its going to the body shop for a month. Apparently the ajuster had seen pictures of it on the internet somewhere before he even came to see it. I am assuming that it was one of 3 places, Here, Cevo or Honda-tech… Kinda strange… makes me wonder about how often insurance companies follow our message boards.

The Thief swapped ECUs and used a different key to start the car. I have read a lot about people doing it when stealing type Rs. Kinda shitty because now the origional keys and keyfobs don’t work anymore.

tards.

So there was a boost gauge in there. Was the engine left stock? BTW Variable I notice you said you’ve got a typeR… is it yellow?