Pioneer's new Plasma thinner than iPhone

WOW…

Oh shit…

Nice wall mount possibilities.

baller

OLED … can be far far thinner… Yes thats a small example… but OLED is just awesome

Yup, everything monitor/tv wise should be OLED in the future. Such amazing technology :tup:

OLED is so fucking pimp

OLED’s been around for quite some time. There were a few phones back in (2002ish) that Verizon or Sprint were selling,and while I was working at Radioshack a guy cam in and bought 13 phones… every phone that used OLED (we didnt know it at the time). Guess the company he was working with wanted to do some reverse engineering, and he was telling me how big this was going to be, being able to some day roll your tv in to a tube and take it with you. I think he said his company was trying to compete with Kodak, but I’m not sure if I’ve known Kodak to make displays :shrug:

Anywho, good stuff

I bet you looked at that guy like he had 10 eyes or something too :stuck_out_tongue:
'cause I’d be like okay dude, whatever. just get the hell out.

I kinda did, we weren’t even going to get the phones because we thought he was gonna grab them and run or something. But, he paid cash, my commission check was f’in SWEET…

P.S. Radioshack still sucks balls, severely overpriced.

lol @ wall mount.

This TV is thinner than the material you are hanging it from… just cut a hole in the drywall… and put it in the hole. For real though. Plush mount w/o the work.

nice, but other then braggin right, is there much of a point?

i appreciate the tech, R&D involved… but I really don’t see many useful benefits to compressing the panel & circuitry so much.

:shrug:

That will be pretty wild if you can roll up your tv.
It is like projection TV without the projector!:biglaugh:

Is the 50" Pioneer flexible?
I can’t imagine it being very strong/ridget being 50" across and only 9mm thick.

Polariod does and they are pretty decent for the price. but this is some interesting technology.

wow neato

I want a roll up TV. just dont get a crease in it, then you gotta break out the iron.

That is sick though, just get out the sander, buzz away 10 mm of drywall and flush mount it.

Ballinnn