Pissed at Your Wireless Carrier? Get In a Tank and Destroy Destroy Destroy!!

We’ve all had moments when we were frustrated with our cellular carriers for one reason or another. I doubt, though, that many of us commandeered an armored personnel carrier and used it to run down six of our carrier’s cell towers in a fit of madness. That’s exactly what one man did in Australia. He must have wanted to one up Russell Crowe.
Crowe, who threw a cell phone at a Mercer Hotel employee two years ago, has got some serious game to play now. I don’t know if he can match the level of oneupmanship displayed by a 45-year-old man who took out six cell towers over the weekend in Sydney, Australia.
According to CNN’s report, the man was somehow stopped and arrested while driving to a seventh cell tower. Mt. Druitt police Chief Inspector Guy Haberley said, “He continued to destroy mobile tower communications sheds by crashing through the perimeter fence and colliding with structures, causing significant damage.”
I know I’ve wanted to pull a Crowe and hurl my cell phone on occasion, but I refrained from doing so (and my phones thank me for that). Reports didn’t say exactly what this man’s beef was, but it must have been pretty big. They also didn’t say which company (or companies) the cell towers belonged to, nor which type of phone he was using. (Let’s hope it wasn’t a Motorola model, it doesn’t need any more bad press right now.)
He was charged with breaking and entering, driving in a dangerous manner, malicious damage, and predatory driving. I find it interesting that theft of military property isn’t listed among the charges. Is everyone allowed to take an APC out for a spin in Australia? Do they leave the keys in the ignition?"

And Sprint’s plan of dumping problem customers looks better and better.

tittywop

[quote=“BikerFry,post:3,topic:32490"”]

tittywop

[/quote]

WTF does that mean?

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:4,topic:32490"”]

WTF does that mean?

[/quote]

=ttiwwop

this thread is worthless with out pics

[quote=“newman,post:5,topic:32490"”]

=ttiwwop

this thread is worthless with out pics

[/quote]

this guy wishes he was killdozer.

PC Load Letter?!

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:4,topic:32490"”]

WTF does that mean?

[/quote]

Ahahaha, good ol’ Killdozer. Will anything ever top it.

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/07/14/australia.tank.reut/art.tank.02.ntv.abc.jpg

hot cop car

[quote=“66impalass,post:10,topic:32490"”]

hot cop car

[/quote]

EXACTLY what i was thinking… loll

legacy? or whatever they call it there…

I blame video games.

Congrats. You thought your coverage sucked before? Try it now with 6 less towers.

[quote=“RobHimself,post:12,topic:32490"”]

legacy? or whatever they call it there…

[/quote]

nah, thats a holden commodore SS (new pontiac G8)

[quote=“Dr.Stevil,post:15,topic:32490"”]

nah, thats a holden commodore SS (new pontiac G8)

[/quote]

This may be the first brand new car i ever buy…

[quote=“BikerFry,post:3,topic:32490"”]

tittywop

[/quote]

I thought it was some sort of titty whoop…smack them babies around

[quote=“ultradriver10000,post:16,topic:32490"”]

This may be the first brand new car i ever buy…

[/quote]

They stick a Pontiac badge on it here, which magically transforms it into a “shitty domestic.” Oh, and removes all chance for a clutch pedal.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:17,topic:32490"”]

They stick a Pontiac badge on it here, which magically transforms it into a “shitty domestic.” Oh, and removes all chance for a clutch pedal.

[/quote]

nope it will be a 6-speed and rwd, its a quizi replacement for the goat

[quote=“BikerFry,post:17,topic:32490"”]

Oh, and removes all chance for a clutch pedal.

[/quote]

You’ve ridden in my GTO at an autocross. No autotragic in mine.

And th G8 will have a 6 speed stick as an option:
http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshows/12462/2008-pontiac-g8.html

On the other hand, take a look at what will make it into production: a 6.0-liter V-8 delivering a 362-horsepower and 391 lb-ft whack to unwitting passengers; a choice between six-speed automatic or six-speed manual transmissions—the manual not available until shortly after launch—and prairie-fire smoke billowing off the rear tires.

I was wondering if dealing with the 2 door GTO and the baby seat was going to make me want to trade in on one of these, but so far I really haven’t had an issue with the 2 door. The big ass stroller not fitting in the trunk sucks, but picking up one of those little umbrella strollers was a whole lot cheaper and kept me much happier than trading in my GTO.

And seeing the envious looks from the poor bastards in their minivans when we all pull in to pick up our kids from daycare makes me pretty sure my decision to just deal with the 2 door issue was the right one. :slight_smile:

[quote=“JayS,post:19,topic:32490"”]

You’ve ridden in my GTO at an autocross.

[/quote]

Which was a hell of a lot of fun by the way. You seemed to have a thing for entering gates already pointing the direction you wanted to exit at. :eekdance:

Ah, the last I had heard was the G8 was going to be automagic only. Nice to hear that they’re going to offer an uncastrated one as an option.