piston+cylinder wall=Bad.

Is it bad if there is a silver dollar sized hole in the block of your motor? Apparently I developed one tonight… and there was a puddle of oil… and bad noises. :frowning: My civic died. I need a transplant for it! Any donors? or anyone with a d16y8 laying around that they want to offer up for my baby?

Pics might be coming soon, I dont know.

d15b7, if u want it cheap

I too have a D15. Out of a 1991 CRX DX. Run’s flawless, has 148,XXX. Only took it out to put in an H22A…

ob0 or obd1 (not sure which the 91 is) into an obd2 car isent worth it for only a d series, get an ls out of an obd 2 teg

Welcome back, give Hybrid Connection a call, they may be able to locate you an engine, longblock or shortblock… 674-2772

hes going to need a y8 if he wants to pass inspection. the obd1 motors didnt have provisions for a couple sensors his obd2 ecu is going to look for.

this suck, but how did it happen?

Low on oil?

Yes, low on oil. No oil to be exact. For atleast 200 miles. I dont know what the fuck happened. I did an oil change almost EXACTLY 3000 miles ago, mobil 1 synth like always, pureone filter like always. It has never leaked oil, it doesnt burn oil, but when I checked it after it started making noise, it was as dry as it could be. I filled her up and went for a drive, and boom. there she blows. Ill call hybrid soon, see if we can work something out. I just want her running again, and I think ill give it to my brother.

word i have a Y8 short block if you need it … or a partial long block

oh really? Well, i do need one as I have no working motor at the moment. I havent pulled it or opened it up yet, so I dont know what damage I have to the head, but well see. Send me some info, im intrested.

sounds like exactly happened to my tempo, ran dry, then put in 20w 30…and it exploded

Pretty sure all EF cars are OBD0.

Oil starvation will kill any engine no matter how expensive.

I have a 98 GSR engine,trans, and everything sitting here if you are interested it has mods and all ready to rock. Customer is selling it and is looking for 3300 for the entire swap. let me know

Sounds like u had some leake that u didnt know of or jsut were burning alot…good luck gettin it running again…Hybrid will be able to help u out