pitted chipped windshield glass?

So my Jetta has 260k mile with the OEM windshield and by now it has a ton of small chips… and when the sun hits it wrong I cant see anything…

Can I buff or sand or do somthing to help… or should I just have it replaced?

i have the same problem and i was told to try and clay it… i dont know if it will work but im in the same boat your in

no, the damage is in the glass at that point so you can’t do anything about it. clay removes things stuck in the surface, you would need something to fill the pitting - which will never happen.

get glass coverage then put a brick through it.

do not buff it.you will put a blemish in the glass…its looks even worse

I have glass covarage… I was thinking about that… mabye when I put my summer wiper blads back on I might slip and drop the wiper arm on the glass :confused:

I just had a new windshield installed in my car for 185 bucks.

Safelite.

If it pisses you off that much then do that, otherwise just claim it on your glass insurance.

precison auto glass

buffalo
120 broadway
566-3068

cheektowaga
8811 harlem
512-7777

hamburg
4699 camo rd
926-8207

lockport
6240 transit
478-6227

niagra falls
1715 military
304-6015

olean
106 independence drive
701-1079

west seneca
608-8-26

^lol at jay… no plug

I had my windshield replaced today. No cost to me. No deductable and no insurance increase (comprehensive claim). The guy came to me and everything. It doesn’t need to be broken either. The windshield guys don’t care, they get $$ form your insurance company, broken or not.

You can get glass polished professionally, lots of the classic car guys who can’t get new glass do this.