pittsburgh machine shops?

awesome

is he able to clean blocks by diping them?

i guess i will try and take this engine down sometime this week/weekend

i just need to get the crank/cam out

[QUOTE=slvr98camaro;709376]i also drove passed the place on 19 by sheets and i didnt see them, i saw a tobacco shop and a vacuum shop (i think) so where exactly are these guys?

iQUOTE]

It’s behind the tabaco shop . make the turn and go down the hill it’s on the left

X2.

Awesome work. Did my dad’s GSR head and block and my block.

does the napa on 65 in bellevue do any machine work?

they are also a station auto, its closer for me, but im willing to take it to the place by moon if they do better work, etc.

anyone know what rays hours are off hand?

if he is still there later on in the day i might try and take my engine down to him tommorw

i can vouch for a1 in greensburg, kmp in west newton,-- both did machine work on my stuff. i did the assembly end.

If you don’t mind driving North try Domhoffs Race Engines - http://www.domhoffracingengines.com. He’s big into Chevy’s, has an engine dyno and charges $20 per cylinder to bore and hone (at least that was his price 2 months ago). He’s done the machine work on many engines we’ve built including motorcycle, boat, domestic and import. Ask for Doug.

cool, thanks

i currently need to get a 400 block worked on, thats where i might take it

Elmer’s Engines, Wexford

they do good engine work i passed them up a few times…but theyre on the opposite side of the road past james dean auto…if my memory serbes me right…but they’re on the road lol

After long delay from Ray down at Napa I ended up taking my motor to Bob at ICS… talked over a few prices with him and he is very reasonable

glad to see things worked out Beast!

x2

I have had two excellent experiences with Brougher’s on rt 51. They only recently started doing some Honda stuff…and I’m impressed. They went way out of thier way for me and did a killer job. Station auto ****ed me twice…never again will I send a single person there. After talking with the guy who runs the Station in Cory…some of the things he said made me want to run like hell out of there.

hey, i just did a search, and james dean auto is on jacks run rd it looks like… where the old beams place used to be before they moved

unless they moved also?

what was the delay about?

care to share why? i did go down and talk to ray, and i got the feeling that he thought i had no idea what i was talking about.

he asked me about the specs of my engine and i told him it had fuelie heads, and he told me that it didnt, i was pretty confused on why he would say that

i also have a 400 block that i want to get bored out, and he kinda told me he didnt want to do it, and that i got ripped off in price… even though i never see 400 blocks in this good of a condition that has already been cleaned, sonic checked, etc for this price.

DLK, like they said talk with Jeff

My dad also had a bad experience with them back in the 90’s. Took a new 427 in to get a standard deck done and they cut it down too much. You could actually see the sides of the pistons when they’d come up. It was about 15 years ago… but the block is still sitting in my dad’s garage.

Thanks for the update.

Had heads resurfaced at DLK last week. Excellent work for a great price and 24 hour turn around. Worked with Jeff and couldn’t be happier.

hey guys, i havent been around much lately, but i took an engine block to ray at station auto, and some heads to ICS…

it took ray about 2+ months to hone, clean, align hone the mains, and install cam bearings/freeze plugs in my block, he would tell me it would be done in a few days, then I wouldnt hear from him, and i would wait a week and call, only to find out he made no progress at all. He eventually got it done though, and he did good work, awesome work, i was surprised to see that he chamfered all of the head bolt holes on the block, and he also put in a few helicoils in bad threads.

now, with ICS, they took about a week to do my heads, they put new valve guides in, put large valves in (2.02/1.6), cut the heads for positive valve seals, and did a 5 angle valve job on them, their work looked great, and i have had no problems.