Pittspeed Is Dead

I bet a lot of people who do the car thing when they are younger get tired of it and do other things when they get older. I used to like cars and would work on them a lot ( I had to, I had a SHO) but wrenching and hanging out doesn’t do it for me anymore. There will be the diehards who enjoy it as a life long hobby but a lot get burned out on the money and time it takes. I can replace the plastic and motor on my bike for the cost of headers for a car/truck. Going to car shows is fun but I can think of a lot of other things I would rather be doing.

I have the money to enjoy a hobby and keep my wife happy and my house current on the payments but my hobbies change from time to time. I do like coming on here to read how you losers are doing from time to time though. :slight_smile:

I would have gotten out of cars too if my ‘enthusiast’ car was an SHO. Now I understand why you got out of the hobby :rofl:

hehehe - my enthusiast car was my stock 4-banger Altima.

1900 miles. I don’t drive my car in snow or rain… and being Pittsburgh’s weather the way it is, that’s why I’m selling it.

Not really speaking on the PittSpeed side of it just as a very active member in a local KC auto enthusiast site, Im gonna agree with most people about it just being growing up. Shit in HS I had nothing better to do with my time than go out and spend friday or saturday out with my “car friends” and the other night out with my other friends since I had enough free time to see both groups of people regularly. Now Im so busy with work and school that I hardly have any free time. The free time I do have I try to spend with my closest friends as none of us seem to have the time to just hang out anymore with all of our lives going in different directions. Ive never been super close to any of the friends Ive made through the car scene and I dont really care a whole lot about racing any more so my involvement in the scene here has been non-existent. The monetary side of it is a big reason Im not involved anymore. As a recent home buyer and a gun enthusiast any of my extra income goes to improving my place or buying a new gun. If I had more disposable income you can bet your ass Id have a fast, sporty car but at this point in my life its not only hard to do, its not the financially responsible thing. There will be plenty of time to buy a car down the road but if I dont sacrifice now and try and pay as much of my school upfront as possible then thats longer that I will put off making good money in my post college life.

im not into it anymore cause i deal with it everyday 7 days a week in the shop and my free time is spent with family friends doing anything that doesnt have to deal with cars. this is the reason my car has been sitting apart for almost 2 years. after a long day last thing i wanna do is work on my car

i won’t disagree with that. hence why my car isn’t done yet. it runs and drives but still a long ways to go till it is done.

its always ill do this when we get slow or when this projects done. but it never happens cause a whole new project or a big hit or a bunch of cars on a time line

esp this year i have been extremely busy with repair work. and still have a lot of people stopping in. i still haven’t had a sign on my building in 4 years had one first year but snow plow knocked it over. lol.

You are all fucking retarded.

http://www.e36-tech.com/forum/images/smilies/GetMoneyFuckBitches.gif

i hear that jeff we dont advertise have a sign nothing and are putting out 10-15 cars a week with various damage and this is part time for the painter and myself. i do however have a contract with a new and used car dealer and a few wholesalers. i just finshed a 9 monthe project on a 71 challenger r/t and all said and done i didnt make nearly what i make doing 9 monthes of bumper jobs

you dont have to like my cars…but that doesnt change the fact that they hold some value… there is also about 80,000 worth of muscle cars that will be passed to me someday as well… i dont want to marry some girl and have her like “well you can just sell them”

no that wasnt my point… for me it would be irresponsible… i dont have that kinda of money to invest… so i stay slow… I’m not gonna build my car on credit (not saying you do)and be paying for years just to go 10’s

Because my vag is called a flesh light and my penis is bigger than your head

That’s exactely why you find a responsible woman who has her own and doesnt care about material posessions. My wife could care less about what i have or what car i drive. She does enjoy the car scene ( although not nearly as much as me ) and she even drag raced the caddy before we sold it.
Also the pittsburgh area is alot better for “car” people than DC try keeping your shit nice here if you even can keep it !

Dude, I’ve accepted your taste in automobiles a long time ago. You should know that. I’m just busting your balls.

wait someone likes g bodies still? dam man do what I did and tow them SOB’s to the scrap yard

btw anytime pittspeed is slow, just make a bullshit thread ripping on someone and you will have 12 pages of nonsesne

OK

Agreed

you musta decided the only way to beat one was to crush it.

I seem to see a lot of them (G-Bodies) at the track…

Very nice '81 Cutlass on RacingJunk…

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/18/Complete_Race_Cars/post/1917302/1981-Cutlass-.html

they are nice cheap platforms to work with thats why u see them.