Pittspeed Politics - v. GOP/DEM/Primaries/Ron Paul

I respect your honesty. However, because I (or you) believe in something doesn’t mean government should have any role in it.

The 2nd amendment guarantees the right to bear arms to the people of this once-great nation, so you’re not just disagreeing with Ron Paul or any other individual there, you’re disagreeing with the Constitution.

I’m also not telling you that you should change your personal beliefs either. I am pointing out that we have laws and a Bill of Rights in this country and they are not subject to the opinions of individuals.

Your stance on gun control isn’t a matter of some personal disagreements with NRA members like me. Your stance is that you’d like to change to Constitution and further restrict the rights of Americans regarding gun ownership.

I like to correct these things because they quickly degenerate into ridiculous non-productive arguments when proper language is not upheld.

I don’t support the rights of Americans to own firearms just because I think it’s a good idea, but also because it’s the law of the land.

I think it would be a good idea to outlaw tobacco. Poor communities are hit the hardest with the addiction, expense and health problems associated with it, but that isn’t the role of government, and until we understand that, we’ll never be able to agree on these things.

fuck welfare. fuck gun control. If Pittspeed is any example, I’m all for mandatory abortions.

truth. criminals are gonna get guns anyway…BECAUSE THEY ARE CRIMINALS, they dont care about laws. they’d just have to pay a lil more on the black market if they were harder to get. all gun control does is keep law abiding citizens from protecting themselves.

Such a simple concept…I am continually amazed that there are people that can not understand something so simple??? :confused:

Make it five in a row for “fuck gun control”.

Alan keyes

or Mit Romney

ugh

If Romney gets the Republican nomination I won’t be voting.

x10e99

I’m hoping for a Romney vs. Hillary matchup. They are both such lousy choices that it will make Ron Paul look like a godsend.

Hillary is so, so liberal. I couldn’t ever imagine voting someone that liberal into office here in the USA. That said, I think her intentions are honorable (even if she is wrong). I feel the same about Obama.

Romney on the other hand…I do NOT trust that guy. Same with Edwards.

its funny how now everytime there is a mixed race man he always tries to represent himeslf as a black guy(minus MJ)… Obama, tiger woods…etc

it a slightly related topic the steelers have had some really good mixed players, Rod woodson, heinz ward and franco harris.

its funny how now everytime there is a mixed race man he always tries to represent himeslf as a black guy(minus MJ)… Obama, tiger woods…etc

…probably stems from the fact that during America’s years of institutional racism (slavery, black codes, Jim Crow, segregation, ect), a “mixed race” person was considered black by the government/legal system.

actually according to law race is considered what race the father is

Sure, that’s the law now…it wasn’t when it was being applied to what school a mixed race child had to attend in Jackson, Mississippi in 1942.

Back on topic…
Fox News asked Dr. Paul this ridiculous question in the SC debate. A few people who have microphones are laughing as it is asked. Then Ron crushes the response with facts.

Fox deleted this segment when they re-broadcast the debate.

Something about that doesn’t seem very “fair and balanced.”

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6172574619279147518&q=fox+news+debate+electable&total=30&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4

Oh, snap. Great response from Ron. I can believe they wouldn’t air that, but it should have been aired.

He’s being blackballed in general and I hope every day as the election grows closer that he ends up getting elected for our county’s sake.

Great response. I would have liked to have seen the reaction on the other debaters faces when he finished answering.

This country doesn’t deserve Ron Paul.

Very interesting and true.

Now there’s a statement I agree with!