Pizza Junction closed...

http://www.buffalonews.com/business/article695481.ece

An iconic North Tonawanda pizzeria abruptly closed its doors Sunday after 40 years in business.

Pizza Junction posted a notice on its website Sunday night saying that its Erie Avenue restaurant is closed and that it will be filling orders exclusively online via a “virtual pizzeria.”

Pizza Junction has used the online sales concept for years, shipping half-baked, frozen pizzas across the country to die-hard fans and expatriates. The restaurant was featured on the Food Network’s TV show, “Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.”

The pizzeria filed for bankruptcy protection in 2010. Owners said a planned sale of the business to a new owner fell through at the last minute.

Personally never liked there pies…

Whatttttt?

That sucks, I actually really liked their pizza. It always seems busy when I go…

I tried the beef on weck pizza from there once. Wasn’t overly impressed, but it was decent. I was recently there to get a couple slices while waiting for my furniture to be loaded at American Freight and it was good. Too bad though, it seemed like a good thing they had going.

I heard about this…really surprised seeing as how they were on diners drive-ins and dives

apparently one of the guys left and opened a competing store with practically the same recipe like 2 miles away.

I always thought they sucked.

I like bocci

I’ve heard Good Guys pizza is the same recipe because it’s people that used to work at Junction but left. In fact, it’s the style before Junction started going downhill. Next time I’m over in NT I’ll grab a Good Guy’s pie and report back. Used to love Junction for a rare artery clogging treat but the pizza I got there a few weeks ago wasn’t as good as they used to be.

Bozanna’s in Clarence I’ve heard is ex-Junction people too. I’ve had their pizza too and it’s very similar to old school Junction.

yeah, good guys, that’s the place I was referring to. i’ve had both when visiting with the wife’s family that lives near there. They were both pretty good…for buffalo pizza

I had no idea Good Guys had any connection to Pizza Junction.

For those who haven’t tried Good Guys, it’s one of my favorites in Buffalo and I’d definitely suggest trying it.

Good guys and Junction have lived in harmony for years. Junction was still making good money. The closing had something to do with the new owner being a coke head, rumor has it.

^ Yeah, not saying Good Guys had anything to do with Junction closing, just that you can still get a pizza just like Junction used to make (or so I’ve been told it’s just as good).

Wait, hold the phone…

Taken from their website:

Starting in 2012, Pizza Junction pizza, wings and many other products can only be ordered online and shipped frozen to your home, locally as well as throughout the country. We hope you will continue to enjoy our famous pizza as we expand our service and share our products with the entire online community.
Gift cards and gift certificates will still be honored on our Internet store.

http://thepizzajunction.com/pizza/index.php

More money to be made in frozen pizzas sold worldwide apparently.

My friend who I got this from on Facebook, is actually cousins with the guy who started Good Guys, he apparently was the running the place until leaving to open his open competing place.

Ding ding we have a winner… lol

Good Guys and Bozannas are very similar pizzas, both pretty delicious too!

I ordered a pie from them once while working in the area. It was ok at best but when I got the total when I picked it up I thought they had made me an investor in the joint. It was stupid overpriced.

Good because the one and only time I went there my emblem off of my z was stolen. And to top it all off the pizza sucked

Heard the exact same thing from a good source. All the profits went up the nose.

Grew up around the corner. Sad to hear, real staple in town, too many places that NT is known for are closing up shop. Shame

Had the beef on weck pizza from there. It was pretty good, but not something I’d get again…although even if I wanted to I guess I couldn’t.

theres no way 1 person can sniff that much cocaine. See my other post.

where exactly? I prolly know you. Wurlitzer boy?