pjb,s e/bay build up

Soo close

but so far it seems

You’ll need it calibrated and a factory one will be too small for your setup. Id get an aftermarket one if ya can…

Also there is no MAP sensor in the 88-93 cars, theres a BP sensor(Barometric Pressure)

Trade ya for the quad Paul!

id say get another maf ,or clean the one ya got .spray brake clean on the elaments and let dry see if that helps it dont take much to throw shit off

:wow Brake clean!!! Nooo wayy. That’ll kill that sensor in a hot second. Usually use a Q-tip with a dab of water

The C&L Ive got requires a stock sensor with their housing.
I thought the MAP and BP were the same things. I get confused with all this shit.

If I didnt already have a quad Id really consider it. I dont need two.

Ill just get another one at Metro if I can.

MAP and BP basically do the same things…

I thought you bought a Pro-M for some reasone, didnt know you had a C&L.

brake clean leaves no residue .ask boxersix or anyone else than knows what there doin same shit as the maf cleaner they sell ,alcohaul and brake clean wit a little comp air to dry .never water or qtip as they leave a residue on the elaments and cause bad readings

I never had one of theirs. My old one was a Granatelli.

Ive always heard the 100% opposite… I havent had a problem with the Q-tip way. They are the harder of the qtips, so it isnt going to fray and leave shit all over the element. A buddy of mine shot his with Brakleen and the sensor never worked again, just goin by past experiences…

:ahh

unless he soaked it it wont as it dries completely and no residue if he soaked it then yeah it can or just helped finish a bd one off

i find it funny that ya gotta get the maf cal to the injectors your runnin .in the gm world ya dont touch the maf at all .in fact most aftermarket will fuck them up more than help ya .esp granatelli

This is the proper voltage/flow calibration for a ford mustang MAF sensor. Check your idle output voltage.

http://www.dainst.com/info/maf/ford_mustang_maf.html

Also note that your MAF is EXTREMELY sensitive to what kind of intake tubing you have in front of it. Generally 3-5 diameters of straight piping is required before and after the maf, unless your maf is specifically tuned for its location.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

and to add to that check volt at maf as the comp isnt always correct .i have been bitten by what i see before always test them

should have just put a carb on it

Thanks but that says the voltage is specific to the 55mm stock MAF. Mine is an aftermarket 70 or 75mm (I dont remember). Is there a difference?
Ive got the same BBK CAI thats been on the car since Ive owned it.

Hell no. I hate carbs.

I dunno how mustangs are but any car ive dealt with with a MAF sesnor when the MAF is unplugged the car will run/ilde just fine but will be put in a limp mode and wont rev to high to prevent engine damage from running to lean

I can’t even run without a maf. But PJB, the problem sounds like it’s MAF related, good luck.