PJB's Therapy Thread

No, Paul. I had ZERO fucking experience. Zero. I had no clue how anything worked except where the keys on the keyboard were on the desk. Thats it. Its not the best job in the world, and sure there are better things out there, but having this job opens doors for other jobs. If I wanted to right now, I could move to Dallas TX and START OUT making $38 an hour doing the same job. If things go to shit where I am, I always have that option.

Everyone has to get experience somewhere, no one is born how to paint a car, weld, type, or sweep the sidewalk. Someone shows you how to do those things or you teach yourself over time. The majority of jobs are like that, they will train you. As I have said before, if you wanted to be a service writer you already have qualifications over the average person off the street, you know how to type, use Windows, you deal with a large customer base on a day to day basis, you can talk to people and interact with everyone and keep your cool in a high pressure situation, you have degrees in an automotive related field(s), and you enjoy vehicles.

The first step in your situation is motivating yourself. SRS BZNS just gave you an option a few pages back…call the fuckin’ guy at least, ask for him on the phone, tell him you “know Ron and he said I should check with you because I am interested in a service writers position” If he asks you if you have experience, you can tell him your qualifications and you are very willing to learn because its something you have thought about for a while and you would like a better job in a different field.

You hit the peanut butter jelly sandwich right on the head with that statement.