PJB's Therapy Thread

I know you’ve mentioned having college degrees, what are they in that has kept you in a driving position? The only reason i was ever a driver was because inhad to leave school and take care of my mom when she got sick. One of my biggest regrets leaving school (especially when I STILL write out checks for school loans) but I had to take care of home and was forced to mature at a young age.

I can’t imagine having a college degree (let alone 2 like I think I saw you post?) and STILL be just a linen delivery driver

associates degree in automotive mechanical and associates degree in autobody.

I worked in a tranny shop pulling and installing them for a summer but got laid off when I went back to college for my 3rd year.
After that I worked in a body/mechanical shop for a few years and then the shop was on a downhill slide and I wasnt making any money there. Friend’s shop, still the best of friends but working for him probably wasnt the best idea ever. I had blown the motor in my truck and needed to pay off getting it fixed so I took a job from a friend of a family friend and thats how I ended up at my current job. I started out folding nursing home towels and drove a little here and there, then I was a full time driver, then a manager and washer, then driver again and now driver and assistant manager.

I took it because it was available and Ive been there 6 years.

I got burned out on the auto repair thing and dont want to do that again. I really dont like it all that much and Im not that good at it, especially bodywork.

Ill fix some things on my own like brakes and routine maintenance and Ill change the oil but really I dont like doing a whole lot because shit usually ends up more fucked up after I touch it.

Some would say that hiding steak in ones pockets or shoes or whatever is a waste of meat. Me, I just enjoy reading about the American Karl Pilkington.

I know exactly where you should be looking Paul. You have the past expirience with your degrees and the current expirience with management that you should apply to be a service writer at a dealership. I have a few close friends that do that for a living and you get to dress nicely sit at a desk all day work pretty decent hours and starting pay is close to $50k a year at most dealerships

That would be a great idea… The problem is; he’s DWTS.

:rofl

I have a feeling PJB will win the lottery someday.
And on that day I have a feeling every person on this forum will have a PM from PJB that says “FUCK YOU” and a picture of PJB holding a wad of cash with his middle finger up.

he doesnt buy lottery tickets, complete waste of money. he tried once, didnt win. hates it now.

Fixed.

when i was younger and if the food wasn’t good for dinner i’d put it in my pocket then throw it out in the bathroom.

orsomethinglikethatfrompjb

Paul,

How did your day go?

A concerned forum member,
Travis

most epic PJB statement EVER

Yeah, I did that with steak and porkchops and still dont eat them.

A service writer job sounds pretty good actually. I did look into a few but they required experience and knowledge of computer programs Ive never even heard of.

I wish I was able to take a job that was offered to me working at a dealership but unfortunately I was sick as hell and couldnt make it there that day and it got taken. Figures that the one day in 6 years I was sick that would happen.

i dont know you yes i know, but from an outsiders point of view you have a freaking excuse for everything and expect things just to fall into your lap without doing any hard work to acheive them… every single one of youre [psts just makes me :facepalm

I dont get it, why are settling for a mediocre lifestyle? Even at the job I have now, which has pretty descent pay and good benefits I always keep an eye on the job market to see if something comes up that is another step up. No joke instead of worrying about your matchbox collection you should try to learn new skills so you can have more options on job positions.

PUSSY! There are just some things you need to MAN THE FUCK UP FOR. A few weeks ago I closed on my house at 2 p.m and was in the E.R by 3 p.m because I was so sick for weeks before.

saw jellies getting his swell on at the gym this morning.

I guess I just get too comfortable and fear change.

Showing up to a job interview with the shits and not being able to stop shitting wouldnt have been a good idea. Im almost never sick and when I am it knocks me down and I cant do anything but lay in bed (or in this case shit).
I couldnt go 5 minutes without shitting.

What happened to you anyway?

I was definitely there, I guess I dont know who you are though. I went before work since I go in at 11 today. Gonna be sore all day for sure but its worth it.

I only recognize you from pictures on here. This morning was cardio so i was over drowning a stairmill in sweat. I’ll add you on facebook, name is James.

/\ My new sig. :rofl

PJB; its normal human nature to have a routine to go by. Sometimes having or acquiring a better routine requires you to change. If someone on here offers you a service writers position, JUMP ON IT! Even if no one is offering walk in to dealerships and ask, if you want it you gotta go get it. If its a computer program you have never heard of, simply say you are very interested in the position, have a good knowledge of automobiles and you would be willing to learn the program. I’m sure you would get some form of training anyway, they wouldn’t just throw you to the wolves to get eaten alive and watch their business crumble before them.

Walk in there with a set of titanium nutz, PJB. Confidence without being cocky. Motivate your mind.