Place to take my Driveshaft

Im looking for a good place to have my driveshaft made longer and balanced. Any suggestions?

i had one made at this place on walden. It’s like a truck shop on the same side of walden as the galleria, but on the other side of the thruway.

You can shorten 'em but I don’t think there’s any practical way to lengthen 'em.

The shop will cut the ends off of it and weld it to a new center section that is longer. So it still would be one piece

the shop that newman is thinking of is fleetpride. They can definatly do it for you. I have hadd them do several of them when i was working at aamco, and they always did a good job, and a quick turnaround.

dennys drive shafts :tup: known in the industry for a great product and local to boot

i’d say fleetpride. they did all my bravada and blazer driveshaft work.

Fleetpride does ok with driveshafts… I had problems with them and my firebird driveshafts, and personally won’t use them again.

I got my DS for the Bird at Denny’s. He’s been in business a long time and does most of the performance driveshafts around WNY.

Denny’s is on Military Road north of kenmore ave, they are known statewide for driveshaft fabrication.

dennys

i have also heard good things about dennys, however, the quotes:

denny’s: near 500 :eep:
fleetpride: 100

held 400 HP no problems.

What types of shafts are u talking? A basic denny’s steel shaft, balanced well above what Fleetpride can balance too (Fleetpride - ~3K rpms, Dennys - >8K depending on the shaft) only runs about $200.

A Nitrous Ready Driveshaft (Which is what I run) which is a guarenteed forever chromoly shaft is $400.

The $500 ones are polished aluminum ones for show cars typically.

This is what they told me for using my yokes on a steel shaft. There could have been some miscommunication tho, because he mentioned something about jigs…

It also could’ve been something to do with using your yokes; that would be my guess.

I would not take my shaft to any place but Denny’s Driveshaft! I have had my driveshafts made for different applications and have went to fleetpride many of times. They fuckin suck and are hack artists. If you want it right go to Denny’s and pay the extra bucks…nuff said!

just have fleet make a new shaft, its only a few bucks more for a whole tube, but remember that you get what you pay for, and don’t be surprised if that cheap shaft vibrates. Dennys is the shit, know all over the country for driveshafts, we are lucky he is local.

your best bet is to have a new one made cause they charge you more for machining the old tube off just reuse your trans slip yoke and just take it to fleet pride they do good job dennys is over priced and a 2 month wait

Lengthening drive shafts is a bad idea. Good shops will not do it, or will not warrantee the work. Get a new DS if you need a longer one.

FLEETPRIDE

http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/index.html