Planning a vacation

Me and a few buddies are planning a trip to the Dominican/Punta Cana. Anyone have any recommendations/avoid on all inclusive resorts? Have a few ideas lined up but mostly looking for a spot a few college guys can go and have a good time.:tup:

Catalonia Punta Cana (~$950)and Majestic Colonial (~$1100) are two places we have looked into for 7 nights, flight and rooms. Looking too spend no more than ~$1200 but would consider it for a place that would be worth it.

Pm dyingtolive, he just got back from Dominican republic. He’s been there a couple times, he might have some insight.

I’m about to go to riviera maya, Mexico, it’s an all inclusive resort called Valentin imperial. I’ll let you know how it goes.

I’ve been to Punta Cana 9 times.
Never been to either of those places but I’ve been to a lot of other ones. For a bunch of college guys I’d vote Gran Bahia Principe as it has the most stuff going on and best nightlife. The Grand Palladium and Iberostar complexes are also both really good choices.

Pretty nws. And I have never been there, nor would I, some creeper told me about it a while ago and I lold

I always wanted vacations AIDS

That’s an extra fee

Yeah trying to avoid AIDS and HIV. This trip would be middle/end of May. Will check out some of the recommendations posted. Anyone else?

http://indiebike.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/saran-wrap.jpg

You’ll be ok!

I stayed at the majestic elegance side, it was great. Not really for single guys though, I’m married so.

VIP package ftw. 100k, totally worth it

I don’t even remember where I stayed. Just that everything off the resort was shitty as fuck, the peddlers on the beach are pushy as hell, and all the european chicks were topless.

Good times.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

I think it was some sort of Grand Palladium thing. Starting from my second to last day there I don’t think I took a solid shit for like 2 weeks. :tup:

Fry, that was Grand Palladium. I was at the Palace side which had most of the same restaurants, just the loft suite rooms, and had all solid feces. I guess it’s luck of the draw.
Concept of euro-tits :bigtup:
Adverse selection in those that actually go topless :bigtdown:

I dunno. When I was there the scenery was actually pretty perky. Maybe it was dehydration clouding my judgement but I was pleased.

I have been to Riviera Maya 3 times. I love it there.

Me too, Elegance is right next to Colonial. Great beach, good service, food’s not the greatest, but plenty of booze

Yeah, personally I’m not expecting great food. We are looking at Gran Bahia Principe, priced pretty good and has a consistently good review rating.

I don’t know about you but when I am on vacation, I really don’t care too much about the food. Typically I am so drunk, I would eat sand if it was put in front of me.