Please Help 99 nissian maxima will not start?

Please Help ok here is the deal, the car has a good battery, has brand new plugs and is getting spark, has a brand new fuel filter and is getting gas, the fuel pump is working (you can hear it whinning) i tried banging on the bottom of the fuel tank trick , and i tested the fuel injectors and they are also good. HOWEVER it is NOT starting. it is acting like it is out of gas??? like i said i can disconnect the injector and watch gas spray out, so i know that isnt it,

so i got an ODB II and it said it was a cam sensor, replaced that , and still nothing … it wont start

ANYONE GOT ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS!!!
Please Help

so what exactly happens when you try and start it?

like i said it turns over but doesn’t start. It would seem to me like it is out of gas but i know from my story above that for a fact it is getting gas.

Plug wires in the wrong order?

Does it fire at all??? Any stumbling or anything?

99 max has COP. and the harness will only go on one way.

:gtfo: What do you know about Maxima’s anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you bang on the fuel tank while someone else was trying to start it? Have to do both at the same time to get it to work.

Maybe the fuel pump is old and shitty?

Are the headlights dimming when you try and start it up?

check your grounds. Mine did the same thing and that’s what it was…

one way to ensure that the engine itself is grounded well is to connect a pair of jumper cables from the neg terminal to the engine itself. Do not hook up the positive cables.

He speaks truth

Try that. I bet $2 it will start

maybe. That’s only good with sensors that ground to the engine itself. The injectors have separate grounds that usually bolt to the intake or block. Near the rear if i recall.

wow…
first maxima have individual coil packs for each cylinder so there is no way on earth to mess it up

Newman, this car is for my father go and talk to him this is Tom Hacic mabye if you talk to him directly you can help him out a little better, and no no hesitation whatsoever, just no start!

sureshot, yes thank you i did have someone do the bang on the tank trick while i was trying to start it, and no the headlights do not dim

When you pull the plugs out after cranking it for a while are they soaked in gas?

You seem sure you have good spark and good fuel but it’s hard to believe it’s not at least trying to fire or sputter if that’s the case. Most 6’s with run on 4, and at least sputter on 3.

someone just PMed me about it might not start because the alarm system might have erased the key program and computer??? they said the check antitheft or security light on the dash if it stays on thats what is wrong!!

sooo that might explain alot!

it might have 99s have the coded keys…but if thats the case it woundnt even crank at all, it would completely disable the starter…double check the cam sensor again…i am trying to think whatelse it might be

what color is the spark? if its orange its a weak spark and that could be the issue

yeah i understand having weak spark could be an issue but at least it would studder a little this is nothing it is cranking but positively will not turn over~ like i said im gonna check the alarm thing and im gonna check something else about trying to start the car in N someone on a nissan forum sugg. that???

MAXIMA.ORG…if its the alarm it wont crank at all…it will disable the starter

are the plugs wet with gas?

no… they werent wet with gas after we tried starting it

if they are not wet with gas the injectors are not firing.