PLEASE help me find this part

ok so my dad is building this truck, using a duel FI detroit engine. He has these guages, I think murphy guages or something like that. I guess if they drop below a certain level, say oil pressure or to high of a temp it sends out a 12v signal to a sensor. Which brings me to what I need to find. I need to find an electronic fuel cut off sensor. Its a desiel engine and doesn’t have an electronic fuel pump so just killing the power is not an option.

Anyone know where I can find someting like this, I’m sure they are out there but I can’t seem to find anyting.

TIA

A lot of GM products use this sensor, but in conjunction w/ the ecu. You could probably make the signal usable w/ relays though. The 2.4 Grand Ams have it I don’t know the part number.

Can you be more specific? Engine id code or truck this is for? If we had more details, might be able to get better answers.

Thats the thing, its a home made project, its an old ford truck, like 70’s ish that he building and retro fitting the engine. I don’t really know the specs on the engine, its a turbo’d superchaged 4 banger detriot desiel, whish I don’t think is going to make a difference. Pretty much just looking for a 12v fuel cut off valve.

Oh Ok.

Mechanical fuel pumps are teh suck for that, would it be easier to just kill power to the coil pack?

NM, S00pid deisel glow plugs dont need a coil. You got a good question there, I will take a look.

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:pP75S_z8Ik4J:www.pownall.co.uk/fuel_valve.htm+"diesel+fuel+cut"+switch&hl=en

google > u

Yes it is and thx

To bad its in the UK