Please Help Me!!!

steve built and tuned the thing himself in addition to building my built ls motor. he probably knows more about honda’s than 99% of the people on here.

neways what it comes down to is you have many variables now…one you have changed your compression ratio which will alter your A/F ratio. Two you have changed your Air Intake (ALOT) which will alter your A/F ratio. Three make sure it is in time. Pull you plugs if you dont have a wideband and see how they are burning. If they look rich, smell your oil and see if its fuelsoaked. If it is i would not drive it to much because of wall wash like Stevo stated before. Also since you put a thicker head gasket in you lowered your compression. try bumping your ignition timing up a couple degrees and see if that helps. (use good gas!!!)

I’m not sure you thought that statement through completely, although if you did I would like to hear your theory. :slight_smile:

ITB’s on even a stock gsr can improve power, higher compression and more agressive cams just make the gains even more.

Too much gas can and will (depending on duration) hurt several things.

Well put.

In addition to the points already mentioned I would check to make sure your vacuum line to your FPR (fuel pressure regulator) is connected as well as check to make sure your map sensor is also properly installed. Having vacuum leaks at either one of those would cause your car to run richer than it should at all but WOT (wide open throttle). (spelled things out or you since CEL was not understood) :slight_smile:

You have such a suttle way of being an a**hole Steve haha :slight_smile:

Not completely no Steve… I was referring to the fact that combining a huge IM and TB on a stock motor…specifically exhaust…overwhelms the scavenging effect inside the cylinder. Increasing the air coming in, without increasing the ability to evacuate the cylinder does nothing useful. Moreover the stock ECU can only compensate fuel/ignition trims to a limited extent. Go outside those narrow ranges and problems occur. Not being a dick, but trying to get moe people to think on thier own. http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=4 Packaging is key, not lego building.

werd!

Here’s an issue that I don’t think was addressed, did you do something odd with the solenoid associated with the secondaries on the stock GSR intake manifold that your new AEBS mani does not have?

Agreed about going huge not helping power but it generally it is not going to make it run noticably rich, especially not super rich as he claims its running. Also, unless the AEBS mani is a good bit different than the last one I saw (I admit it has been a while), the AEBS is very similar to a stock R intake and the 65mm TB isn’t really anything huge either.

agree with hycomp. I don’t think a mani and tb will add that much more air to a stock motor. You would think it would make it run slightly leaner due to the fact that more air is being introduced and the stock ecu not being able to keep up with it. Im betting it is timing.

Ps, steve knows his shit douchbag so shut the fuck up and go away.

thank god someone finally said something. it’s about damn time someone put him in his place. i can’t believe a n00b was the one to do it though.

just because you have the same name as him, doesn’t mean you need to stick up for the man.

yodudet99 has probably read every honda-tech article 100x’s so don’t hate. i myself have read every article on ht several times and consider myself to know more than steve on just about every topic on honda’s that there is.

don’t talk to my fellow n00b like that. i don’t know who this steve character is, but he better be swinging some huge nuts to back all that shit talk i hear. steve has only read through honda-tech a few more times than i have so big whoop.

case in point, this dyingwish person could never build a motor from the ground up. even if he did, the chances of it being reliable and not smoking at all are slim to none. the fact that he supposedly built a N/A motor for autox’s and track duty are positively absurd. everyone knows that boost is best for any type of track duty. never in his life would he think of boosting a red EG sedan. has anyone ever seen his car with that huge parkbench of a rear spoiler? his car can almost lift off the ground that thing is so big. no self respecting person would put something that large on a car. pure rice i tell you.

don’t worry yodudet99, i only came on this website to buy and sell stuff too so i’m with you man. all those people out there offering good advice to people’s problems, they’re just haters.

classic pittspeed thread

:eek2: i got the :drama:

Toby said when he put the mani on. he kept the sensor pluged in for the secondaries so i wouldnt have a check light for it.

x2 :slight_smile:

steves stick together. there are like 40 of them in this thread.
too bad it wasnt even about dyingwish, although he has been nice and helpful to me.

who did the timing belt?

gay…almost as much as steve…but thats enough about guys who were concieved in test tubes…i hope we can get 94gsr problem fixed

What about the routing of the vac lines from where the IAB canister used to be. There should have been a Y connection where the vac supply for the FPR and IAB meet. What did he do with all that stuff? FPR should have remained connected to a vac source. No chance he switched the IACV and IAT plugs is there? That’ll fry the IAT immediately and it will run like ass.

roffles :thumbsup:

looks like i need to find someone else with my name to stick up for me. the only other person i know on here is a jew so that won’t really help.

did i miss something where he said the timing belt was done at the same time?

who the fuck are you? ghandi? if by gay you mean happy, then yes, steve is VERY gay.

94gsr, have you tried any of this stuff? any updates?

i hope this thread causes someone to get beat up:drama:

^ :rofl:

http://www.wisemouseboy.com/gallery2/d/3790-2/internet_serious_business_framed.jpg

haha thats a funny pic…

who am i? im a honda technician …but i know nothing about hondas because i didnt learn my shit of honda tech…

o and no im not ghondi (sp) i just dont like people who think they know everything because they have a chiltons manual