police question

Does anyone know how to file for or subponea for patrol car audio/video footage?
I have checked online but so far I am coming up empty handed

A.go to the court and ask for one
B.call a lawyer and have them do it

I think A would be cheaper?

The details are overwhelming

well a subpeona can only be issued by a police officer or a judge. What you need to do is a call a lawyer and get them to get the police department to release the video as public information. They have to release it to you under the public information act but there is a lot of paper work involved you will need a lawyer

lol just go to school and pay the parking tickets that your speeding ticket gets reduced to like the rest of us.

Seriously though, what’s this about?

well he get the radar speed too if he wants but maybe he wants the video of his field sobriety too some people think they said the alphabet backwards a lot better than the officer thinks lol

He’s fighting a dewey? Lawyer. Now.

no i just said that in case he is

no DWI, basically me and the police having a civil convo which ended up with them arresting me without any provocation on my part, I was calm, polite and agreeable during the entire time

I plunked down $500 for starters on a lawyer yesterday, just wondering how easy it is to get the tapes

If I can get the tapes I think it will prove my case and I may persue something in a civil matter from there

lets hope there was a microphone on the car. Some of them just have cameras. If it doesnt the cop could easily lie and say you were saying agressive things to him which could be considered disorderly conduct.

[quote=“97_B18b1,post:10,topic:35021"”]

lets hope there was a microphone on the car. Some of them just have cameras. If it doesnt the cop could easily lie and say you were saying agressive things to him which could be considered disorderly conduct.

[/quote]

+1. Not too many cars are audio equipped yet around here. I don’t see why a judge wouldn’t grant your lawyer this. He’s the only one who can get it though. You said you were showing potential buyers, you have a few witnesses as to what was said so that should help, if they aren’t ass hats that is.

[quote=“9c1ny,post:9,topic:35021"”]

If I can get the tapes I think it will prove my case and I may persue something in a civil matter from there

[/quote]

Civil matter cases are harder to prove than many think. If you get off it, talk to a lawyer but you are looking at maybe getting your lawyer fees back at most. Don’t expect “pain and suffering” or any of that BS unless you have a really good way to prove it.