Police scanner advice.

I’m looking to purchase a hand held police scanner. Anyone have any recommendations on what models or brands to look at? Or what features to look for? Where can you find the best prices at? I’m wanting to keep the price to $200 or less.
Any advice is appreciated.

do an online search that is the cheapest you are going to find one . Me personally I like Uniden /bearcat Best but Radio Shack sells decent ones also

I personally wouldnt skimp on a radar if you’re actually looking to buy one

this is about the best one you can buy

if you want something cheaper and still work well stick to these brands (older models)
valentine 1
ecscort
bel tronics

^ :rofl:^

Thanks but thats not what I’m interested in buying.
Police scanner, not a radar detector.

Shaggy - It won’t let me pm you.
—Shaggy has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

http://www.westcoastmall.net/bc72xlt-handheld-bearcat-police-radio-scanner-p-1794.html

http://superphonestore.com/product_info.php?products_id=6559&cPath=126

maybe look into one of those, i’ve NEVER had any experience with them, i just did a quick search for ya.

A check box is located at the bottom. Something about not a contact/friend.
Same thing on Lsx. Eliminates people that eat dicks and spam PM’s

Dude above me bumped it, My fault did not see the trouble having. I’ll request as a friend.

I have that one from super phone store ( 2nd one) . works pretty nice and it can also be used in the house . They give you everything to make it 12 volt or 120 .

I own the same one and have had it for well over 15 years. Surprised it hasn’t changed at all after all these years. Nice unit. It’s been dropped, had the legs broken off and the antenna is now taped on to prevent further breakage. Still works like a charm. Cool to listen to all the police and fire calls and now in this stupid weather, the snowplow trucks talking to each other. What streets and roads need/already been plowed, who is going for lunch, where they’re gonna meet to eat, who’s yelling at them for plowing in their driveways, etc…

I have a radioshack Pro-164 and a pro-97. I got the pro 164 for $109 off of ebay and it’s very powerful.

iPhone, Police Scanner $2.99 works great!

there is an online police scanner, it has a few areas around here, i know ross is one, i think pittsburgh is another if you want to use that :o

i love police scanners, i was cruizin with a friend a looong time ago, and we got a call from his sister screaming at him because they said his car descrip over the scanner

OMG the officer broadcasting a purple car with swords on the side

great story add it on facebook.