Radar detector??

So I am thinking about getting a radar/laser detector. Any suggestions?? I am not really looking to spend alot. Like maybe $150.00. Any recommendations or experiences with any that you would like to share??? Thanks

go the speed limit and save that $150.00

leave 10 mins earlier :dunno:

:rofl:

http://pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35004&highlight=radar

Exactly. Because those redlights off the interstates will always OWN you.

funny guys…and yeah NOT speeding is good idea ( but I am not always speeding around either ) But I do alot of highway/interstate driving and I will say that I am not cruising at 65mph where minivans and mopeds are passing me. So in this situation I am looking for a radar detector. Along with the fact that I have been traveling to areas I am not so familiar with and wouldn’t mind the alerts.

I checked that link ( it offered some advice ) but I am looking for some more info about your own personal experience with having a radar detector and what I should be looking for when purchasing one. Along with the fact that I am not going to spend $500.00 on one.

buy a CB :rofl: It’s more accurate

like I stated I didn’t find any info. in that thread really useful…thanks

:dunno: move to maryland :dunno:

valentine 1?

even if…I would still want it.

yeah I checked that out but I do believe that is out of my price range…sounded good though.

Your not going to find anything too decent for $150, Passport 8500 is the closest thing.

are they legal where you plan on using it?

Well, I have been in a car that had one once…and every alert was legit. I’m not sure what it was but they had paid around $150.00.

yes other than VA and DC I believe

passport 8500 ftw

yes! you can outrun the radio if you know the mans next move :smiley:

DC and VA are the only 2 places there ilegal. unless they just made a change