Radar detector??

ummm. CB cant pick up police band…

you need this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Motorola-Radius-GM-300-VHF-45-watt-16-ch-radio_W0QQitemZ320134809801QQihZ011QQcategoryZ296QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I had one for a while when i was in the fire dept, it was great, I could pick up every band useing county dispatch.

I think what they mean by is truckers on CB they will talk about cops here and there so no one gets busted.

whats different about the police band? it’s still cb just a diff freq right?

frequency hoping

You’re not going to find anything worthwhile for $150 or less. It’s like saying you want a new Mercedes but you only want to pay 20k.

No sense in half assing a radar detector.

do you have a radar detector??

correct

fuckin a…stop whoring the threads already…tryna catch up to pewter in # of posts

valetine is the beast one out there

:wtf: are post counts

x2, and yes I have a radar detector. When i purchased it 5 years ago it was 450 bucks. I have driven roughly 40,000 miles with it and only got one ticket. laser is a bitch!

:rofl: Yes. I drive around 25,000 miles a year.

Once again, you aren’t going to get shit for $150. Don’t get upset at me because I told you the truth. Either slow down, or pay up and get something that is actually going to protect you. If you spend $300+ and it saves you from one ticket going 20+ over, then it has paid for itself.

Don’t half ass it. Wake up, grab yourself by the ovaries and buy a good one. It’s that easy.

Okay ASSHAT…but I simply asked if you had one.

If you do and instead of telling me how much one is going to be. Maybe you personally could tell me why you prefer yours that costs that over another that may cost the same. ( I am sure there where more than just one out there that costs $500.00 ) If you going to give opinions thats good…if you wanna give an intelligent opinion then it would be nice if you could give me a useful one with some info in it.

I am pretty sure that is just as simple to put a price on something…if I am going to buy one for that much then I was looking for some info. about what to look for specifically. I am sure there is more than ONE benefit that YOU found than it costing $500.00 ( or is that the most important thing to you ).

Or you continue to be a cock and say the same thing over an over. Without really offering anything useful. I asked for advice on WHY I should get one over another. And if its best to get one thats alittle pricey than so be it…how about Y to get that one tho??

You’ve argued with every person on here regarding their advice. And I’m still trying to figure out why you put this in off-topic when you damn well know what is going to happen.

Anyways, since I’m in a decent mood, I’ll play nice tonite.

I have this Beltronics Radar Detectors Reviews

I like it because I can switch pretty easily between city and highway mode and it basically has ZERO false alarms. It has a pretty far distance too where I get an alert way before I actually end up going thru the trap.

Anyways, check out the site that I showed. www.radarbusters.com Look around for what you are personally looking for.

It’s hard to give you an idea on what you are looking for because you really didn’t say how you drive, where you drive, how much you drive, or what you are looking to avoid or be careful about. You’re being awful vague and asking a question that has multiple answers.

I think your best option is to do some research on some different sites and find the best one for you.

Well I appreciate your information…and honestly if you refer back to the beginning of this thread I really haven’t given anyone hell for there comments. I was just looking for more info and advice on making a purchase of one. I understand where you are coming from saying " I am being vague". BUT the issue was is I truly was clueless as to what I should be looking for or where to start, thats why the thread was started. I am gonna check those links, though. Thanks

To tell you the truth, I have an older Cobra, cost me about $150.00 5 years ago, and works fine to this day.

I have never gotten one ticket with it one.

But I also don’t drive totally by the radar detector either. I normally find a guy driving faster than me, and tail him about an 1/8 mile or so behind him. I have found that I can make way better time doing this than listen to the beeps.

The other I saw mentioned in this thread was about changing from city to highway mode. Why the how would anyone need a radar detector in the city?

Yep, follow the leader. Also notice on-coming traffic flashing the lights

Some states allow their local smokies to use Radar/Laser equipment.

here is a good read

http://www.radartest.com/article.asp?articleID=9090

i know someon4e selling a valentine so i been doing some reading myself