politsuck

So now that it has proven to be a giant bucket of fail, can we have our politics sub-section back on nyspeed where a_ahmed isn’t allowed to post?

I like most people have been avoiding that site like the fucking plague after seeing what it turned into. I think Fry summed it up best as “a_ahmed’s personal jihad blog”.

+1, epic fail

make it show up in new posts and put ahmed on miserable and politisuck is fine

haha thanks I never even looked on there…

I love that dude

It does suck huge. You tried, it failed, lets move forward errr… backward. lol
Pretty please with sugar on top - can we have it back?

LOL @ a_ahmed over there

why not just talk politics in nyspeed OT?

Can I have my rant thread back? I am ranting about just about everyone now, not just Obama. lol

i really like not seeing any of that crap.

IMO just talk politics in nyspeed OT. I have not looked over there either but I have little interest in politics.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

This actually sums it up better haha

Actually I think the best solution, which would solve this and a bunch more, would be a User CP option to pick what you want in your New Posts view. Just like a bunch of checkboxes for NYspeed, pittspeed, politisuck, SON, etc., everyone checks the ones they care about. It would probably be more backend work to implement but nothing like that involved to merge all of the forums and the other crazy shit the monkey pulled off.

If you talk politics in nyspeed OT it gets moved to politisuck.

WHAMMY! Well I would say this is the type of feedback that will help Josh and admin in the future then perhaps.

On another forum I’m on, Politics is a subscription based sub forum, along with off topic. There were skirts crying about the OT being too “adult” when they browsed with their children ect… so you have to “opt in” to view OT and Politics. They’re a bunch of bitches on there when it comes to politics so I have not opted to view politics but have opted into OT, and it comes up when the New Posts button is used. Is that an option on this version of VB?

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

another option that’s cool so if it gets seen, it’ll draw traffic to the thread like moths to a flame.

apparently some of what necessitated politisuck was that people seem to think it is inappropriate for me to get involved in discussions that involve politics… which sucks. call me selfish, but i need some kind of outlet and very much enjoy getting into that stuff with you guys. some fags complaining that i can’t express my viewpoint on here is firstly, fucking gay, and secondly, the reason why we can’t have nice things… so to speak :slight_smile:

i’m going to leave the whole decision making process around this to Josh, since politisuck was his initiative, but i will maintain that if i can’t get what i want, neither can you :frowning: and :slight_smile:

So, Why can’t you have opinions?
I really can not grasp how that is logical.
I swear some of the people on this forum would bitch if they were in a room filled with puppies.

Puppies irritate my allergies, why would you put me in a room with them!

I HATE PUPPIES!!!

Politics really did bring this site down to a lower level, lets just talk about zombies and video games like real, smart adults do. :cjerk:

I had never gone on that site until I read this thread last night… I have never seen one person use a site for his personal shit fest before. wow.

I’m assuming because i have a strong non-american perspective and it gets people angry and they feel they can’t argue because im an admin and could ban them even though i’ve never banned anyone on nyspeed… probably havent even moderated anyone significnatly and i was one of the first 100 members anyways so WTF?

anyways… those nice things you want, like politics back here, that’s why you can’t have them.

i think straightening out ahmed is the best/first course here. i did ask him to participate but i can undo that.

if he would just cut his shit by 70% it would be fine. political discussion sucks when everyone agrees or sort of agrees. It’s best when people respectfully present opposing viewpoints. but ahmed doesnt know how to do that.