poor race between vr4

i raced my friend joes friend in a 91 3000gt vr4 with 79Kmiles and JIC exhaust, boost controller and maybe other stuff, idk, idt it has anything else done. but whatever, were gonna go again later this week, it wasnt very good/no video

…we pull up next to each other on XXX road and slow to 30 in 2nd, 3 beeps, he jumps 1.5 car lengths ahead instantly and we continue to run to 80, he doesnt pull anymore, and it wasnt a very good race, so were going to go again later this week. and film it.

we each ahd a passenger, takeoffs werent the best, traffic was behind us. it was 940, so later at night and somewhere else next time…

…oh, and we then got chased down b a silver sti w/gold BBS and borla exhaust(prolly more) cause he pulled up next to the vr and they slowed a little bit, but the vr wasnt ready but the sti went(prolly in 3rd) and blew him out of the water because he was in 4th…

oh, and i jsut got “new” falken azenis RT215(the original good azenis) with like 500-1000 miles on them, hardly used. theyre freakin great, i forgot what good tires felt like.

haha that was me in the STI

and its all stock btw :), my wheels are silver but very covered in brake dust(like the car)

i started in 4th gear, was hoping you guys would stay on the road and not get off, I was headed to swing by mighty…hoping you guys were headed there to setup another run

ahhh maybe next time

the saaab sounds nice btw

sooo the vr4 has a boost controller…but how much boost above stock is he running?

Its my friend he is here till sunday. He is running stock boost, which is 9 PSI , until he gets his car properly tuned for 14psi. Its a pretty fast car in a very rare color, its like a Fiji Blue.

He will make it out to a couple of meets.

yea it was a different color

most of the 3kgt’s i see are green or red lol

I thought the slaab was quick? Stock boost VR4s are teh slow :wink:

So it was stock and in 4th gear and smoked ya :lol:

Man, when I saw you come up I was soooooo pissed that I didn’t have my STi lol. btw… I was in the VR4 and he was not paying attention at all when I was fucking yelling yooo STi on your right fool, Downshift!!.

Also his VR4 is not slow once it gets going. It has the widest gears that I know of. He is hitting 80MPH in 2nd gear.

Caddy sevilles and GTPs hit 100 in 2nd :slight_smile:

lol, i hit 70mph in 1st and over 100 in 2nd

not an M-6 though

128 in 3rd -

tell your buddy to stop doing 80 in 2nd… that is way out of the turbo’s efficiency range.

haha so thats what you were doing in the pass seat, i was like wtf is this guys problem heh

yea i figured he wasn’t paying attention