Port & Polish

I’ve got a spare head sitting here and I want to port and polish it.

I’ve started cleaning it up and such. I’m wondering if there are any kits or tools you recommend. I plan on using a die grinder and a dremel for the hard to reach areas.
I Know Im not going to get a professional machinest job but I’ve been bored lately and need something to do in my spare time.
So, I know the grinding stone attachments you can get at advance and parts stores are probably going to clog up and be useless because of the aluminum, so what type of bits should I use?
Also, do any of the sponsors have a machine to deck heads with?

any input would be great

use this after your deburring bit, works great!

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-G1060&N=700+115&autoview=sku

what works good for taking out aluminum is the carbide cutter bits. Then finish up with the sanding drums. Stones don’t work well, they clog up real easy like you said

btw imo head porting doesn’t do too much unless you have a cam to flow the air. If your milling and raising the compression, however, you could take advantage of the flow to keep heat out and detonation down

ya i just researched earlier that a carbide burr bit work wonders.
I’m gonna go buy some sometime this week.

oh and I know just head porting alone doesnt do much. I’m going to be running crane #18 cams with either a PT valvetrain or 2.7 valvetrain

nice, good luck, motor work is always fun!