Possable electrical problem?

My cdplayer in my car wont work, its not getting power for some reason, i ckecked the fuse, its fine, and i checked the wires…im not that great with electrical componants besides basic wiring. any ideas why its not getting power? I NEED MUSIC WHEN I DRIVE!

you should get the audio set for hooked on phonics…

BTW - there should be 2 wires going to your cd player with power. One of them is for the memory… which is constant, thats usually yellow. The red one, sometimes thicker, is for your 12v source. That should only get power with the key on. Then you should have a ground. That should be screwed into the frame that holds the head unit.

check all the fuses again, one by one. If its a aftermarket deck there will also be a fuse in line with its power chord or in the back of the deck.

yea check all the fuses. i had a similar problem once, and the radio fuse was fine. but one of the other ones went. replaced it, and my radio works. check the fuses.

if you blowing fuses you have bigger issues.

the fuses are fine. and there are no visable frays on the cables.

why are you looking for frays?

I dunno, figured it coulda rubbed on somthin and busted a wire…anywho, yeah it just kida started workin again :gotme: …spooktacular :tup:. I think there might be a short ina wire or somthin.

stop into circuit city on union road i’ll check it for ya…

Jay - I have a pioneer DEH-P8400 … do you guys have any in stock?

I would if i had gas, im poor.