CD player(s) aren't working, electrical problem?

Let’s all go back about three weeks ago. I yanked my double din navigation/dvd/cd/mp3 player, out of one of my vehicles. I was in a rush and didn’t care about the vehicles aftermarket wiring harness, so I sniped the wires where I had soldered the aftermarket harness wires to the wires that come out of the unit itself. No big deal. I didn’t think, and forgot to un-hook the negative battery terminal.

I put the navi in a different vehicle, using a new harness.

Let’s fast forward to tonight. I go to put my navi back in the vehicle I had taken it out of. Hooked everything up correctly, and just reused the old harness. Plug it in, and turn the key…NOTHING. Re-checked my wires, all my connections etc. etc. and NOTHING. Check my radio fuse… its fine. I throw the stock unit in, and NOTHING.

What else could it be? When I cut the wires when taking it out…did that short something out? How can I diagnose my problem?

Thanks!

:rx3:

Basically, just forget the whole cutting the wires thing and re-itterate on why my cd player isn’t getting power, when everything is hooked up right and the fuses are fine.

did u happened to cut 12v and ground together?? if you did I bet you blew the acc fuse in the car. check the radio/acc fuse in the car

But would my a/c and heated seats work? Everything works but the radio. :frowning:

radio is a seperate fuse, ‘acc fuse’ means accessory. not ‘A/C.’

yeah, check the kick panel fuse bux on the drivers side
Radio is on a seperate circuit. Probably a 10A. Use a needle nose plier and (pull each fuse 1 by one and examine it by holding it up to the light. Replace the burnt one. Problem solved.

seperate fuse… :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah, it’s def just a fuse.

if you have a test light, test each side of the fuse while the fuse is in the fuse box. make sure you get the same reading on both side of the fuse. Quicker for me then pulling out each fuse

I ripped out every fuse this morning. it was a 7.5 “B Electric” fuse.

:slight_smile:

Thanks boys!