Problems with cd player

I went to install a aftermarket cd player into my 06 silverado. I bought teh wirign harness, mounting kit. I just wanted to do it right instead of the usual hack job. Anyways I got it all connected and the head unit wouldn’t power up. But it did function somewhat, it would take and spit out cds. So I switched the main power supply and teh auxillary and now it would partially light up. So I took the main power supply wire and spliced it with both the main power wire that runs into the cd player and teh auxillary wire. Now it turns on functions fine but of course it doesn’t shut down when the truck is turned off. Anyone know what might have cause this. I don’t really want to pay to have someone do it.

The factory radio turns on via data. You need to run a separate acc. wire to the aftermarket deck.

Isn’t there a pinhole somewhere that you can stick a paperclip and eject the CD?

just curious, what exact harness did you buy…

there should be, at least most players have that feature. look for one, do you have the manual that came with the HU?

It has one. I discovered the problem. THis is going to be rough to explain so bear with me. With my truck the little dinger that indicates an open door, or unbuckled seat belt is in teh stock radio. So the aftermarket wirign harness came with a small black box, it’s more like a speaker for the dingy noise when teh door is open. If I bypass this box and don’t use it at all I can get the cd player to function correctly. But then the check engine light is on and there is a little light flashing on my dash board all the time. I’m stumped with this. I’ve got it where I have to manually shut it down for now.

this is why i asked what one you had.

ok, well sounds like you have the right part atleast…it is possible the box is faulty tho, i’ve seen that happen before

Hook it up the way you had it when you started, but don’t use the acc. coming off of the module. Drop your lower dash panel, two 7mm screws. Then take off the metal panel in front of your ignition harness, four 10mm bolts. Find the big brown wire in the big connecter that’s staring you in the face, then run a fused wire up to your radio’s red accessory.

Problem solved, and you keep the dinger.

Sounds good. I will try this and then post my results. Thanks a lot