Possible to disable 1 power window?

Well, I just got my driver side window re-tinted and I can’t roll it down for a few days, like last time I know I’m going to forget and do it anyways. Is there a way to avoid this by disabling it for a few days? The car i would be doing this to is a 2002 VW GTI. Thanks in advance.

unplug it

Where from? IDK shit when it comes to electrical as of yet.

probably have to pull off the door panel or find a way to pull out the switch that controls it.

step 1: remove drivers side door panel
step 2: locate window motor and wiring harness that plugs into it
step 3: unplug said harness
step 4: ???
step 5: profit

Figured, I’ll go give it a shot before work.
Thanks for the quick responses guys!

or leave the door alone and pull the fuse?

or just keep the window lock switch on…with tape…

Will that disable both windows? I still need to have at least 1 working window, and only 2 roll down.

it’s a push down to roll down type switch, and I don’t have window locks which sucks. I fucking did it last time without thinking and I don’t wanna forget tomorrow morning while paying tolls in rochester.

+1

Fuse or relay if it has one.

use blue painters tape and tape over the switch…it’s what i did.

yea

Google “Self Control”

I can has no self control :smiley:

I’ll just tape the living fuck out of it like mickdad and sedelmeier suggested, I just didn’t understand what ya guys meant before lol.

ok first off the motor plugs in in the door for the window. second there is a fuse u can pull you obviously do not need the windows the next few it is cold

just make sure u know what else runs off the fuse that the windows are on. I highly doubt thats the only thing on that particular fuse. as long as its something u don’t need, then :tup:

on vw it looks like all it powers is the window

razor blades on the buttons