Possible to Program 07' Toyota Corolla Spare Key Myself...?

I was wondering if I got another key cut, what I would need to do to program it to my corolla. I went to one of the Toyota dealerships and they want $65 for a key + $55 to program it + i have to setup an appointment = $120+tax. Anybody here work at one of the toyota dealerships that could give me some insight on programing it myself is possible or not…or a cheaper price? :stuck_out_tongue:

yea you can program it youself, i dont remember the process though

i’ll see if anyone knows…

For my truck the procedure for programming spare keys is right in the manual. Have you looked there? Maybe Toyota has started a “You didn’t RTFM” tax.

I will have to check the manual and see if it’s in there … anyone got a hookup on getting a key cheaper than $65?

I have it at home in my toolbox I used to work @ a toyota dealer. I’ll PM you the instructions tonight. It’s much easier with a scan tool but you can do it. I believe it’s something dumb like put the old key in turn it twice, remove key, open door, close door, open door, close door, insert new key. Something really weird like that. I know that’s what it is for the last model Camry’s and I believe it’s the same for Corollas but I’ll verify later.

yea thats what i remember, but i’m not sure about the new ones, i haven’t worked for toyota in a few years

tia

I work for Toyota.I can get you the key stupid cheap Compared to $65 and I can cut it.I probley qouted you the Key and programing.I’ll help ya out though.

Part number 89785-08020

As far as I knew you needed to link up to Toyota with the Toyota Laptop to program these keys.Could be wrong I guess since we have Toyota Techs here.

Give me a call.I work at West Herr Toyota Parts in O.P

Name is Larry