Post a PIC of your latest purchase.

Well, I believe Dave said it never overheated when he owned it. And no, I don’t know of the cams in the motor and quite frankly, I don’t care:excited

So you bought the purple Civic?

Murrdog9000 did, and paid asking price :rofl

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/106/l_212b2dcfca9943968dc2e3aea14d87a5.jpg

for tobacco use only

did he atleast get some Vaseline or KY with that ‘deal’?

Nah bent over and raw-dogged! :ahh

oh shit that had to hurt

I bet it did!!!

I have to say dkid… you really did come in handy this weekend helping me find a tune, data logging, and of course… helping me keeping jigs in line :facepalm. I really appreciate the help. I can’t believe you went out and bought kpro. The car runs real hard and I love every second of it. Everything went surprisingly well, wee had some minor problems but nothing major. Although jig’s organization was absolutely horrendous… he did a great job putting the motor together. So now, some truths need to be told… as suspected, the cams in the head are not k20a2 cams but actually from the k20z3 or newer si. The bearings in the motor were not spun, one of the rod bearings was fucked and the main bearing was fucked up as well, but the crank is fine. My “engine builder” :sHa_hehe: thinks the motor was over revved.

It’s just weird that you say that, because when I asked for your advice you told me it was a great deal.

Sooo how were they determined to be z3 cams?

Don’t remember ever saying it was a “GREAT” deal…but upon further review, twas not.

… the writing on them

Well, what did they say? What’s the part number?

I wouldnt have paid more than a grand for a 14 year old purple Civic with a bad motor but maybe thats just me.
A grand only because the body was clean.

Well looks like il cut my losses and enjoy my car

it said rbc on them

Thats cool. I just don’t understand where your getting purple from.

Ive seen the car and its definately pastel light purple

cool