Post a PIC of your latest purchase.

My bad.

I think the more specific and scientific term is called “driving like a pussy.”

Mr. Cossey :

hi, i purchased some OEM replacement ATE rotors and some whatever mintex pads for my daily driver 130hp VW TDI, that see’s mostly highway driving and light stop and go, would you recommend i purchase a 14inch Stoptech BBK?

thanks,

a concerned motorist that loves to stop efficiently.

No, that brake setup is not sufficient. I recommend ordering a set of 8-pot calipers and 16" rotors, especially for the rear.

-Brake expert

:rofl

omg

im sorry man , rotors do warp .thats why lug nut trq is important along with a proper functioning brake system . i dont wanna get into a huge argument on it just sayin heat warps things why and or how are rotors any differant ? i tottally agree that drilled/slotted rotors are a waste on the street etc etc

thanks for the advice, just ordered these

http://c1552172.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/4949_x600.jpg

Oh I’m not saying rotors don’t warp, but when most people think they’re warped, they’re usually not. Most people feel the slight shake in the steering wheel under braking and automatically assume it’s warped rotors.

LMAOOOOOO @ Mark. Oh and my rotors are most deff warped. I assure you of this.

Fixed?
Ziiing.

Replace the brakes with OE replacement parts, or upgrade the whole thing. That’s like changing a clutch and re-using the old stock pressure plate. Waste.

You’re on the right track.

Serious question about the TDIs: Do they make jake brake setups?

i just had my tuner build me a turbo brake tune thing is amazing! cant wait to try it towing something heavy!

Like an M3 from VA? :ninja

no, and no exhaust brakes :frowning:

You could get them turned just a hair to get them “flat” again by getting rid of all deposit bumps. Same principle as getting them turned when they are “warped” when in reality you just got rid of high spots.

IIRC.

Edit: People getting LOUD up in here :ahh

My rotors are fucked. Stallmer saw them glowing bright orange over the winter.

fuuuuuck no. the jacobs ENGINE brake is only used in heavy trucks, can’t even get them for a 5.9 cummins. You’re thinking of an exhaust brake, and although not specific to your vehicle im sure you could make something work.

best thing i’ve ever done to 'ol stroke was the exhaust brake. i literally NEVER use service brakes.