Pounded a Porsche Carrera!

I flew out to the video store Saturday night to grab a vid and pulled up beside a really nice late model Porsche Carrera . Younger guy driving and reving the crap out of it, sounded pretty cool!

Now I am not one to race on the street and in no way condone it but man I couldn’t help myself. I waited a split second when the light turned and made sure he was going to go for it before I layed into it! I had almost 2 car lengths on him by the next set of lights. He obviously did not have the Turbo model and it was likely the 315hp NA coupe or whatever the model is. I don’t think he was too happy, $90K car spanked by the Z, I gave him a wave through the open T-Tops and he abrupted turned off a side street in my rear view!.

…Dan
“Do what I say not as I do”

Hahaha, I love these stories just as much as I like being the one in them. Classic. I constantly wait to line up with a Porsche Carrera. No sense in trying with the turbo.

Beautiful.

Yup I suspect if I came up across a Turbo 911 I would have been handed my ass! Not to say I wouldn’t give him a run and take my licks. I don’t mind losing its all in good fun and seeing a HP monsters tails lights still puts a smile on my face.

…Dan

Nothing says “happy” more than handing an overgrown adult riding a Harley, his assless chap wearing ass on a silver platter, stupid mo-fo…

I will say no more.

do you drive a skyline???
black one?

black one?[/quote]

Nope he drives a Sr20 powered NX thats absolutly mint with a crazy sounding waste gate :wink: !!!

Dconz, good kill. But I think you can hang with a stock 911 Turbo.

Maybe for a bit but above 120 or so that thing would walk away.By the way great kill 8)

As a fellow 300ZXTT owner I respectfully disagree. A stock 911 Turbo (996 and 993) is fast enough to pull sub-4 second 0-60s (like ~3.6s). Dan and I would be nowhere close to that… I’d guess MAYBE ~4.7s if we’re lucky. In 0-60 squirts thats a HUGE difference.

As a fellow 300ZXTT owner I respectfully disagree. A stock 911 Turbo (996 and 993) is fast enough to pull sub-4 second 0-60s (like ~3.6s). Dan and I would be nowhere close to that… I’d guess MAYBE ~4.7s if we’re lucky. In 0-60 squirts thats a HUGE difference.[/quote]
But the average 911 Turbo driver will probably get those same 4.7 sec 0-60 times. Like Dconz said, just line me up and I’ll try. Even a roll on would be fun. And hopefully close.

lol True…by “hang with” I really meant that I at least wouldn’t loose site of his tail lights!

You won’t lose sight of his tail lights, they have really bright ones so everybody can notice them.

Hill …^… :lol:

black one?[/quote]

Nope he drives a Sr20 powered NX thats absolutly mint with a crazy sounding waste gate :wink: !!![/quote]When I first heard that wastegate open it was inside the Sportex last year, I could have sworn it sounded like the gates of hell opening up! :shock:

I flew out to the video store Saturday night to grab a vid and pulled up beside a really nice late model Porsche Carrera . Younger guy driving and reving the crap out of it, sounded pretty cool!

Now I am not one to race on the street and in no way condone it but man I couldn’t help myself. I waited a split second when the light turned and made sure he was going to go for it before I layed into it! I had almost 2 car lengths on him by the next set of lights. He obviously did not have the Turbo model and it was likely the 315hp NA coupe or whatever the model is. I don’t think he was too happy, $90K car spanked by the Z, I gave him a wave through the open T-Tops and he abrupted turned off a side street in my rear view!.

…Dan
“Do what I say not as I do”

Hahaha, I love these stories just as much as I like being the one in them. Classic. I constantly wait to line up with a Porsche Carrera. No sense in trying with the turbo.

Beautiful.

Yup I suspect if I came up across a Turbo 911 I would have been handed my ass! Not to say I wouldn’t give him a run and take my licks. I don’t mind losing its all in good fun and seeing a HP monsters tails lights still puts a smile on my face.

…Dan

Nothing says “happy” more than handing an overgrown adult riding a Harley, his assless chap wearing ass on a silver platter, stupid mo-fo…

I will say no more.

black one?

black one?[/quote]

Nope he drives a Sr20 powered NX thats absolutly mint with a crazy sounding waste gate :wink: !!!