Powder coating setup

I’m looking for a powder coating gun and/or oven. Let me know what you’ve got.

gun = harbor freight
oven = check thrifties in the buff news or craigslist

done deal, you won’t find a getup much cheaper. If you contact me I can hook you up with some essential powders you’ll need on the cheap or point you in the right direction.

x2, I have the cheap HF setup. It works pretty well.

Wanna borrow our HF gun once you find an oven? We use our Eastwood most of the time, and we’re about to acquire another gun. Let me know and I’ll bring it when I’m up your way. You’ve got my # -Zac

http://www.powderbuythepound.com/forum/ time to register, and start reading.

its about time!

thats the easy part, its having a good blasting cabinet/media that makes all the difference in how the final product will come out

He’s starting with the hard part, all he does is media blasting, he’s got a cabinet you can drive a truck in, and enough CFM to inflate a stadium. I was talking with him about laying powder last time i was up there.

ahh so he has it made

powder coating is easy, its like painting… the prep is the hardest part

True for the most part, try learning how to hot flock and mix different types of powders on top of each other properly between the tgic’s, epoxies, polyester’s, etc.

To the OP. I advise you to get the EW Hobby Gun kit. Since you have almost everything else that will point you in the right direction.

I had good luck with everything from caswell. I suggest to start with teh caswell hobby gun, plus they have forums that can answer almost any question you have. Nice company.