Powdercoating Services Available at CRC

Hmmm…I wonder if my AK mags could be powdercoated?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUshYaAEmk91f2ksVPTw1G4tTokMr_vj1_VKGfpumxg3nWTU_nhjPIlYeF

Im sure they could. But will the jam afterwards.

Yeah, I was wondering what the effects on the mag would be. Fun thought, but id rather not fuck anything up!

Thats what happens when everyone that works there has a drug problem. My buddy worked there for over a year.

He might be ok if he disassembled them and masked the internals. How hot does a powder coat oven get?

I can just mask off anything that doesnt want to be coated. Also, after the powder is shot on, it can be wiped off with a damp cloth or a wet finger, then tossed in the oven to cure. Leaving the uncovered surfaces 100% as they were.

Lowest temp powders I have used are #350F, highest are like #400-415 deg F to fully cure.

Most are 400-15 min powders, meaning part temp has to be at 400deg, for atleast 15 minutes to fully cure.

Im willing to sacrifice a mag in the name of trying this out! Wouldnt be hard to strip and tape off the internals

I have a friend doing mine I’ve been waiting a for just my motorcycle rearsets. It only takes 15 mins?

Bring one by if you want. lets give it a go. What color did you have in mind?

Cure time yes. If they are OEM painted my sandblaster will strip and profile them for powder in about 5-10 mins for something that small. Then its a dust off, clean with denatured alcohol, preheat, shoot, cure, shoot other colors or clear if needed. Entire process for small items like that are about 30 mins or so. Its getting to them, and doing them in batches to be efficient… especially with the big oven that takes time.

What color?

Something obnoxious Haha. It’d take more in gas to get out there and back then a mag is worth, so ill just wait till an event to give one to ya or if I’m out that way

thats fine! if you pass by the shop or something, call me or text me and ill let you know what car you can just toss it in, incase nobody is there at that time.

what ever works man!

I should have checked here first, I have my parts being PC’d Black.
this is what they look like currently.

If they aren’t worked on by this weekend I am taking them back as is I’ve been waiting since last Monday.

Thanks for the info KK

Idk if I missed the price sheet but how much for 4 17 inch wheels?

Gloss or Matte black? I have a about 4 blacks to choose from.

I have yet to post it. I am crunching numbers still for overhead on PC stuff.

PM coming for the wheels though. I will tell you the number everyone got when they asked for wheels. It was a rough guess months back when I started this process, so I hope it doesnt go up when I finish my overhead analysis.

post some pics of my parts Mike lol

I will asap. I am headed there tonight after work, and first thing I am picking up is the manifold and blower, and the gun! Kevins cleaning the calipers and blasting them… we are going to hammer them out tonight.

if they get done tonight give me a call, i might not be able to make it over there till after work tomorrow though but let me know. thanks

10-4

ill call ya as soon as they are done. Worst comes to worst I can bring them to the shop in amsterdam sat am (i think thats when you said you were starting on it).

need atleast the valve cover no later than friday, doing the install on saturday but i need to drive my car over there

Gotcah buddy… like I said tonight I am hammering them out for sure.