Powdercoating Services Available at CRC

Powdercoated a CAI for 5.3L. Mirror white tube and Magic Black shields.

Racing tractor parts:

damn that intake came out NICE! cant wait to get enough free time to come snatch ti up from you… thanks again!

Did a valve cover and plug cover, paxton blower compressor housing, and not pictured the aftercooler (in wrinkle black) for JSE’s S2000.

Cast aluminum is the worst to coat. it absorbs oils through use, and some parts, like the blower housing are sand cast and have some deep pores which are hard to hide. And all the little inside edges, like the bolt indentations, and the indented ring and inside corner on the blower housing where the inlet and outlet meet. they create faraday cages (electrical effect that more or less repels powder) and make it very hard to get powder in there and not build it up around the spots too heavy as you try to force power through the cages.

I fought through them and I would say I won. But it wasnt easy…

i will get some better pics tonight when they are all wiped off and on a white sheet… thats the best i could do at midnight while I was waiting for the aftercooler to cure!

absolutely beautiful, i can’t stop looking at this picture. You nailed it man

thanks dude!

Great job!!!

Do not powdercoat magazines. Use duracoat.

Sorry for jacking the thread Mike, just wanted to save him from some potential headaches. PC business is looking good for you though, keep it up :slight_smile:

Just matt black

I assume its build up for tolerances? If so, I could see if you got PC inside, but we would coat just the outside. But would would be the draw back? Not pissed by any means, just thrust for knowledge thats all.

Piece of cake. if you can bring them by, all apart, ready to sand blast hang and shoot… I can bang them out in one night… tonight would be perfect actually… if not bring the bike parts by wed night and I will make sure they are back in your hands friday night at the latest.

That bundle of parts I would do for $70 if they are taken all apart ready to rock.

Looks KILLER in there! MOAR PICS!

no caliper pics yet? :frowning:

snapped, but not uploaded… I started on the rebuild and the other 4 too. hang with me homie. I am running :ahh

Did a couple knobs… one black magic (left) and S&S wrinkle black (right)

damn looks great.

definitely need to get some stuff done

both sides. need to get the blower and aftercooler on and i’ll have more pics. very happy with CRC on this stuff

I want to have my intercoolet piping done… I just have a bit more trimming and fitment issues to resolve first… Im thinking gun metal gray if you have it.

Sure thing, you have a few to choose from:

Iron GunMetal:

http://www.powderbuythepound.com/cust_images/GUNMETALGLIMMERWEB.JPG

Charcoal Metalic:

http://www.powderbuythepound.com/cust_images/AUTOCHARCOALMETALLICGLASSWEB.JPG

GUNMETAL STEEL PEARLESCENT:

http://shift518.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4785&stc=1&d=1333372569

Looking awesome Mike!

:ohnoesI like the steel pearlescent. It will match my oem strut tower brace

When you are ready to rock give me 3 days notice so I can order that color. then turnaround time would be 1 week upon drop off of the parts.

:slight_smile: