Work Log

Jeep step rails in Matte Black:

Ford Blue that is an exact match to their textured blue engine paint (Being used for a K series valve cover):

Triple Bronze wheels installed on the Cobalt SS/SC:

Ford Wrinkle Blue Honda K series valve cover:

HOC Blue (Match to Volk’s Mag Blue) Honda HX wheel:

Candy Red over Bonded Black Chrome DSM FP Intake Pipe:

Candy Red over Ultimate Chrome DSM 420A valve cover:

Grannysmith Green hub:

Neon Yellow Honda K series valve cover:

Hot Candy Blue DSM 420A valve cover:

Flame Red DSM 4G63 valve cover:

Triple Bronze Cobalt SS/SC valve cover and spark plug cover:

Enkei PF01’s with stock flat black powdercoat:

Chemically stripped and ready for sandblasting:

Looks great :tup:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6183/6045609553_a5eb661ce6_z.jpg
IMG_9589 by saxonbrian2, on Flickr

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6202/6046157694_20b8a1aa06_z.jpg
IMG_9587 by saxonbrian2, on Flickr

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6190/6045608493_b7f7278d1f_z.jpg
IMG_9586 by saxonbrian2, on Flickr

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6208/6045610107_2b7d5b2190_z.jpg
IMG_9590 by saxonbrian2, on Flickr

? if the wheels are

Chemically stripped
why did do you need to sandblast them?

^ Helps whatever you are putting on them stick better…??

I need my wheels done BAD!!! Maybe this winter…

Like the color, post pics of them on the car!

The wheels are chemically stripped which leaves the chemical residue on the wheel, they are blasted and then prepped with iron phosphate or simply cleaned of dust with acetone to promote powder adhesion.

^ Saxon, what color is that? Looks really nice.

That color is HOC Blue to match Volk’s Magnesium Blue.

I’m in love with the granny smith green color

i am not a smart man, but that sounds like a lot of work, if sandblasting is the finish that you want in the end…

Definitely a nice color but man is it a hard color to shoot, very different than any other colors since it’s a dormant.

It can be a lot of work, the chemical does good stripping it but sandblasting is very boring and time consuming. Doesn’t help how picky I am with details so I spend so much extra time and effort on things that most people would never even notice.

FML, the media is the hardest part of coating… I tell everyone who wants wheels done to take them to Jesse @ Blast off for media, and I’ve referred a few people to you for wheels since it’s so time consuming and cost prohibitive and everyone bawks at how much it costs… :tup: how big is your oven? I’m 6’6" tall, 5’6" wide, and 3’ deep with a two stage door.

I agree! I also work at an industrial shop and it sucks worse there blasting them when you do the same part over and over for 8 straight hours. In the end I lose out on blasting but most people can’t wait a month that it will take to get back from the blaster at the other shop. Much appreciated man! Mine is a retrofitted refridgerator :wink: 52x24x28 ID I’m a cheap ass when I can build stuff myself so I did what I could with what I had. I’m trying to get everything together to get a 10x10x20 from powderx but damn is all of the legal stuff a huge PITA!!

Solar Rain/Black Chrome Trans:

Flame Red:

Mirror Orange:

Currently have a set of 2G DSM brakes getting prepped for Wet Black, a set of horseshoes in Blue and White, about 6-7 other valve covers, miscellaneous Vespa parts on their way, etc.

we built our own oven… If you want you’re welcome to come see ours and see how not complicated it is. Digital PID control, solid state relays, broiler elements. All off McMaster more or less, Mineral Wool insulation was obtained locally. 100+ cu ft. is easily done for less than $1500, and no legal BS.

Jesse takes care of repeat customers for media if you get overwhelmed, his turn-around times are beyond reasonable for the volume he handles.

ditto

I’m quite a ways away from you but thanks for the offer! I built mine for $400 all said and done, PID, contactor, 2 broiler elements, 18 gauge sheet metal, 1.5" rockwool. I built a steel frame inside of it to strengthen it also. Its kind of ghetto but it definitely gets the job done. Luckily I just started working at an industrial powder coating shop also and the one kid blasts stuff foor me when the bosses leave in the 20’x2 room with a pot blaster at just under 300 psi. I also use some chemicals to help strip parts of any paint/grime to save a ton of blasting time.

Damnit, I wish you were in Buffalo, I got a few things that need blasting/coating.