Work Log

He’s not THAT far away Joe.

Joe, you would have an hour or so drive to meet me in Bradford, PA. Always willing to meet people halfway if the order is big enough or gas compensation.

Flame Red:

Mirror Orange:

Candy Red:

where in gods name are you getting all these DSM valve covers?!?!?! LOL

From God himself :wink: I have easily had over 700 of them in and out of here. To be honest, I’m tired of seeing them and love doing random off the wall things. I just got a few parts from an old Vespa which has me excited though it’s just silver and bonded black chrome but it’s something different! I had 28 DSM/EVO valve covers in the shop all at one time, most I have ever had at once.

Love bonded black chrome. Did my trailer hitch just for grins b/c it was in the gun, didn’t hold up too well over the winter with zero prep.

Use a zinc rich primer for something like that. BBC is okay, not what I expected when I ordered it but still looks good!

I just wanted to cover something in it for grins before doing something I cared about, didn’t even take off the rust. Brake-kleen and a rag prep stylz.

I can have parts delivered to Bradford if anyone needs. You drop to me in cheektowaga, and I will have them sitting in my office in Bradford in a few days time. I can not do this for TONS of material or a set of wheels, but small stuff works fine.

I’m sure that will help some people out a ton! Thanks a lot, very generous of you to do.

Do you do all the prepping/blasting in house? Would it be better/cheaper to blast parts prior to sending them to you? Or, do you prefer to do all the prep work?

I have roughly 60-80 pieces I need coated from misc brackets to crossmembers. I would send them in stages/color groups.

I prefer to do all of the prep work mainly because I have seen a lot of prep work from local shops that disgusts me and have been sent parts to recoat because the previous coater did not prep them properly. I’m very picky and only trust myself doing the prep and coating for that matter. I’ve had stuff come in that was said to be good to go but everything has always needed touched up in a few spots. Color groups would definitely be best as I can focus on one color for a day or 2 and not have to keep changing the color in the gun (PITA!)

Great info.

I will be in touch…give me until November/December.

There’s a good chance there might be a double order of some MR2 parts, just FYI…

Luke, maybe we can coordinate to ship some things together to save on cost…

I had a big explanation but it’s too convoluted…let’s just say “Not a good idea” and leave it at that…

Sounds good guys, just let me know. Shipping them together would be a bad idea on my end. I don’t know those cars at all so I could quite easily mix up the 2 orders and definitely would not want to do that and have you guys sort through it all to find out parts are the wrong colors.

^ Exactly.

1G DSM Brakes in Bike Black:

Black Fine Texture:

Wet Black truck parts from a local companies work truck that came in with the worst rust I have ever seen:

Chrome:

Bonded Black Chrome brake hubs/spring and cover plate. Wheel silver steering column, clear brake lever. All of these have been cleared also:

This just made my dad. Boss told me that he feels that I can tackle a project like this at the industrial shop I work at also and after only being there for 3 months he let me coat a race car chassis which are his “babies” that no one else has ever been allowed to do so this definitely gave me a hell of a lot of confidence and pride in my work. Only got one quick picture before I left since he let me leave an hour early for not messing it up :slight_smile: Took about 30 minutes to coat this thing with all the nooks and crannies throughout it