Powdercoating Services Available at CRC

10-4

I got the blaster tweaked and running great now. its ready when you are.

ok, and I guess he wants it powdercoated… is the oven running and working?

in $20 minutes bowman might be at the shop and was going to finish up wiring. 2 elements I had in the other ovens I planed on taking out and putting in the big one, along with the one new one I got. BUT the damn legs on the electrodes off the burners are too long and hit the bottom of the boxes they attach to. so i ordered 2 more new ones. Worst comes to worst I can rig the wrong elements in there to fire it up until they come in.

I’m thinking this color for the brakes. i have s2000 decals for them too lol

Always been a fan of red brake calipers.

yeah thats a straight trans/kandy red over a chrome base coat.

how many stickers do you have? I have heard that some vinyl stickers can be baked between the color and clear. I would like to try it on a demo bottle first to see if thats true if you have extra. if not, thats a tough act to pull off for a noobie coater like me. I would have to shoot the chrome and fully cure it like normal. then mask the stickers, shoot the red, let flow out for a few mins to stick to the part then peel back the vinyl. It would leave the brembo or S2000 or what ever mask as chrome/bright silver when its fully cured and cleared.

White, letters over chrome and red, would be a royal pain in the ass. I would have to do white first. full cure. mask off what ever, chrome, flow out, cool, peel, full cure. then mask again in the exact same place, red, flow out, cool, peel cure… then clear!

i only have one set, i can easily put them over the clear coat though lol. makes things easier

I will try something with some vinyl i have. People clear decals into PC all the time. I have yet to try it, thats all.

Ill get back to ya on this one. :slight_smile:

Ya wanna PM me a quote for a set of wheels? 2 18’‘s and 2 19’'s, been thinking of going with black

We have some black chrome that looks sick on some examples online that we have to try some test pieces with soon. Also we have a black magic color. Its a semigloss with a bit of a pearl hue to it. its hard to explain but in google images try “black magic powder coat” and a bunch pop up. Or we can do a standard high gloss black. PM on its way.

New oven is up and running!!! We built it from scratch; sheets of 20ga, steel studs, insulation, hundreds of rivets, hinges and latch plates, etc. Took a while but the fit and finish came out perfect, exactly what we were looking for. Room temp to 400F in 12 minutes! holds its temp very steady so far at the thermocouple. We will put some test parts in the corners, bottom, middle, and top to shoot the IR gun at to see how evenly it heats up inside very soon.

Interior dimensions allow us to bake something with a max length of 72", so rear ends, bike frames, headers, cat backs, 8 wheels at a time, 55 gal barrels, bar stools, fire hydrants, if its metal and fits in there bring it on!

New thread and a price sheet will come this week. But for now, any PM’s for work we talked about in the past that I said we cant do until the new ovens done can be brought by as early as 3/13. Turnaround time on large items will be 1-2 weeks, small things like intakes, valve covers, box of hardware (nuts and bolt heads), more or less anything smaller than a wheel or frame turn around time can be as little as a few days, but to be safe 1 week should be sufficient.

First few parts came out for a Hosl380’s 2002 WRX. All the charge pipes and accessory brackets done in wrinkle black. The intake manifold was shot in a highbuild primer powder, 3 coats, then sanded smooth. Shot in a Granny Smith Green Metallic and then 2 coats of clear. Color looks SICK in the daylight.

Dropped off at the sandblaster saturday: Set of staggered 19’s, set of ASA spoke 17’s, Ducati frame. A few valve covers and intakes on the bench for us to blast, and some smaller parts here and there too. We will be slinging some powder this week!

you guys could make some SRS brownies in that thing.

on topic: you got your own sandblaster for smaller stuff?

Or a pile of DiGiorno pizzas!

Yeah a 34X22X20 TP tools cabinet. It has enough nut to do anything but a wheel in there, original coating depending.

Everything else is outsourced.

shop party. do it.

shit i dont think my frame would fit in there. but i guess i could blast errthing at my dad’s and have you guys p/c it. eh. it’s a few months off anyway. i’ll worry about it later.

yeah something like that we send out to a local guy here that does blasting for a living.

You’re getting good mike… oven looks great. My only suggestion is to incorporate a blower into the top but it looks very professional. Ill be out to visit soon

Thanks man!

Idea is to put some test pieces, Aluminum & steel plates like 1/4 thick… hang them top middle bottom on each side and a row down the middle. bring it up to temp and bake them for 20 mins… then open the door and quickly shoot them with the IR gun. to see how they absorb heat. then put an oven thermometer next to them to see how the temps are around the oven.

A hand full of guys with ovens this size say its not a necessary to have a blower to take from top and dump out the bottom, unless its high temp curing or getting into bigger ovens than a 4x4x6. but yeah. I might put something in at a later date, or if I see big differences in temps inside it with testing.

Do you do any high temp coatings. I may have a few manifolds that need pretty. They also need a few bungs welded up and I have a Y-pipe that needs less cat. I find it hard to wide band tune post cat… donno y

I have the EXACT same powdercoat job on my brembos, and they look even better in person.

Id be interested in getting some headers done in the high temp stuff. also a manifold powder coated.