Power steering pump with hicas

hey everybody
ima trying to remove hicas
i am using the stock p/s pump with hicas i have made a bolt to plug the extra fitting for the hicas but it seemns to leak

could i get a ps pump with no hicas fitting ?
or i ahgve read some sorta return line … but how to make one ?
or buy one ?
let me know thanks Ivan

Simply trying to plug the rear outlet wont work…

You need to remove the rear cover of the unit and pull out all the little square tabs and then replace the cover and THEN plug the outlet. IF you do not remove those little square tabs then the rear part of the pump will still pump fluid.

In regards to using a Non Hicas Pump… If you do that remember to get the Bracket with it because their is a Non Hicas Bracket and a Hicas Bracket. (so a Hicas pump will not fit into a Non Hicas bracket)

Hope that helps :wink:

hey thanks for the repley …
square tabs are those like the vanes ?/
do you have any pics of it ?
thanks for the info … =)

hey everybody
ima trying to remove hicas
i am using the stock p/s pump with hicas i have made a bolt to plug the extra fitting for the hicas but it seemns to leak

could i get a ps pump with no hicas fitting ?
or i ahgve read some sorta return line … but how to make one ?
or buy one ?
let me know thanks Ivan

Simply trying to plug the rear outlet wont work…

You need to remove the rear cover of the unit and pull out all the little square tabs and then replace the cover and THEN plug the outlet. IF you do not remove those little square tabs then the rear part of the pump will still pump fluid.

In regards to using a Non Hicas Pump… If you do that remember to get the Bracket with it because their is a Non Hicas Bracket and a Hicas Bracket. (so a Hicas pump will not fit into a Non Hicas bracket)

Hope that helps :wink:

hey thanks for the repley …
square tabs are those like the vanes ?/
do you have any pics of it ?
thanks for the info … =)