power windows are messed up (honda)

dont know if its the power window(s) motors, or the swithc… but i think it is the switch. first off, i went to install new speakers (find out that the window doesnt go down all the way, due to the speaker depth into the door, so i went to take it out, and i heard some shortage and zapping going on, i quickly turned off the car, and took the speaker out… now when i put the door back together and test all the switches and what not, my power windows, just the front one go slow going up, they work fine going down, its just up. well the passenger door goes up slow, and the driver window goes up like 1/4 of the way and stops, and i have to push it up… i checked the fuses, and all and all are good, but now im thinking i blew the power window motor(s)… could this be???

p.s its a 94 accord

my accord did the same thing out of nowhere in the winter. it was like the motor wasnt strong enough to push the window back up. i put some silicone lube in the felt/rubber window tracks and it worked after that.

i could try that, but for some reason, both front ones always seemed to go a little faster before i started to install my driver side speaker, and then when i heard some zapping, and electrical noises, i knew something wasnt right, so i thought maybe i blew a fuse, so i checked it, and it was fine, so im thinking i blew the motor or sumthing, or even the switch, which is before the inline fuse??? idk

switch is probably fine, could check the motor i guess. i dunno i never had mine apart since lubing the tracks made mine work.

there is also a breaker on the motor, so if you keep dicking with the window and its not moving, it will throw the breaker and not work at all for a few minutes until it resets.

i also noticed when trying to put the driver window up, it goes slow, but then gets to the point where u start to hear clicking from the switch, and then it just stops, then if u press the button to roll the window down, it will go, and then u have to it the button up before the window gets all the way down, and the window will go up, but like i said before with a little help…

Sounds like the motor is shot. Could be the relay too. If your passenger side window works fine, try swapping the relays as well.

I know Addicted had a problem with his old 240 where his driver side window didn’t eve work. He replaced the motor and still nothing. Ended up being the relay box that we both overlooked :ham:

i have the same prob in my integra… every summer i spray the tracks to the window down with a heavy coat of wd-40 and its fine