praxair.... on fire?

When you are dealing with a storage cashe of gas like liquid oxygen and hydrogen then there is no over-response. If thats not contained immediately it will domino and they wont be able to put it out till half the facility is gone… altho Im sure at Praxair the place was built and laid out in a way as to minimize that

The Tonawanda site has very little, if any, chemical storage on site. Maybe a little for R&D to play with, but that’s about it. It’s a non-production facility. Engineering, purchasing, trucking coordination, etc.

But yeah, I think there’s a policy for at least Praxair or maybe all the industry in the area that everyone has to repond. Better safe than sorry.

I wonder what the proper response is for a fire near a liquid tank… For me it’s run like hell, but I don’t know if firemen are allowed to fight it our just try and keep the area clear. I can’t even imagine the energy that would be released by a hydrogen tank igniting or a fire fueled by liquid oxygen. :ohnoes:

so, when will you be shooting the youtube vid of such an occurance?

:lol: If that ever happens I won’t stop running until I’m well out of range of my camera.

What time you start? Maybe I’ll stop in Monday morning.

I’m usually there by 8:30, although I shoot for 8.