Preparing for the worst

Since I’m now driving a 14 year old car I figured it would be a good time to rething my emergency car kit. Here’s what I’ve got so far.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/2003specv/DSC01541.jpg

Zip ties
Vice-grips
Pliers
Crescent wrench
Electrical tape
Flashlight
Tire pressure gauge
Bungy strap
Small tool kit (3/8 and 1/4 drive metric and SAE sockets, and multi-bit screwdriver)
Various hose clamps

Not pictured:
Knife
Duct tape
Small first aid kit

There’s some other things I’d like to add but for now this will do. Now I just need to find a bag to put this stuff under my spare.

Anyone else have a setup like this?

Where is the tow rope?

THATS what I forgot. Do you know if Princess Auto sells some decently priced ones?

Ya, I pack tools all the time. A whole tool case, zip ties, and a bottle of water just in case. :smiley:

DONT CHEAP OUT WITH TOW STRAPS, get somthing rated over 9000 pounds, i snapped one trying to tow a neon out of a ditch last winter, the hook almost went through my rad. (the hook was heavy enough to make it drop to the ground)

I became more intelligent and went to tonka 4wheel parts and got a 30,000 pound strap with 40,000 pound clevices. (overkill, but thats the way i do things)

THUMBS UP for the zip ties

most of those sockets can be kept at home

nissans only uses certain sizes

bottle of water will freeze,in winter at least

-emergency blanket
-power bar
-candle and matches
-booster cables
-lock de-icer
-gloves

Grab yourself a bag of kitty litter. If you ever get stuck it’s great for traction.

Yeah I couldn’t find a Nissan specific set with 8,10,12,13,14,17,19,21mm sockets. :smiley: And yes the 13 is supposed to be in there, my mani to turbo uses 13mm nuts on the studs.

I figure it could come in handy on someone else’s car. So why not? :partyman:

Zip ties can fix anything. Especially JDM black ones from Canadian tire.

not just jdm black, get that whole bottle of many different colored/sized ones.

a JDM is not JDM without Zip Ties holding at least 2 vitals parts up.