presidential elections 2008

OBAMA so has this

yep hes got a big lead.
but dont you think he will be in office for the least time?
I mean people in the southern states aren’t going to be happy.

i think Obama will be assassinated within the year if he wins. Some deep south “hero” will kill the negro terrorist. just watch.

yes i agree

only time will tell

LMFAO my parents said the exact same thing,
And my dads into some high politics to.

shiznap. That’s pretty hardcore, but I guess it can’t be helped. I wonder what everyone would do if Sarah Paulin got into office?

yes obama will win and I want him to win as well. I do hope he survives for as long as he can. There are going to be a lot of hunters out there once he’s in office.

obama is a douch bag, i watch him sit there and laugh at everything micane had to say, dident even sit there and listen, real good leader i think.

it came off as he dident even care, he was cockey and arrogant

if he dose win it will not be for his leadership skills.

my 2 cents anyways

omg if palin n mccain gets into office america n da world is soo doomed LOL

It’s funny you should say that,
because just out of curiosity i typed into google ‘Obama’ and the very racist moronic term used to describe black people, and my god you should read some of the shit these fucking red necks say.
Its amazing these people still exist, makes me that much more happy to be Canadian.

Anyways, GO OBAMA!

No offense, but obama totally has this. Black people will not vote for anyone else. I think its been every black americans dream since the beginning of western civilization to have a black president - Hell I’m all for it, at least he doesn’t have the thirst for oil drooling out of his mouth. But I’m with the rest of the riding here and when he wins, I’m not going to be shocked when he gets assasinated. I guess there are still some who feel “the south will rise again”

Edit, guess he won. I’m not surprised.

Obama must know that If he wins, he is a BIG target. That must be a shitty feeling…I would be so tense at those Presidential speeches and what not if I was him. OBAMA just WON! still votes left but wont matter. It’s OVER!

myspace anyone?

lol

he won

Any debate I saw they both did it.

Anyways, Obama took it (by a good chunk from what I’m seeing right now 338-155). Not surprised, and it’s probably for the best.

It’s sad to think that people cannot elect those who they wish without fear that, because of their race or heritage, they will be assassinated. What kind of a world is that?

This is the kind of world that I was hoping Obama would deter, and I believe Mccain (even if its completely unknown to him) would keep alive.

Such racism, ignorance and hate needs to stop.

Oh, and if we’re going to be talking politics, keep it intelligent. We don’t need ignorant (though it may be your opinion, it’s still rude and can lead to others becoming defensive, and two defensive people is an arguement more times than not) comments like this:

obama is a douch bag, i watch him sit there and laugh at everything micane had to say, dident even sit there and listen, real good leader i think.

Unnecessary.

yes its progressive and all that, but his points and pillars dont stand for anything important. making all kinds of impossible promises. hes a good speaker, knows what the people wanna hear and feeds it to them like horseshit.

but now that he won. the problem really isnt that he is in office. that position has close to ZERO power. The problem is that he has a majority of the seats in the HOR and Senate. Meaning that he can introduce and pass pretty much any piece of legislature he sees fit, and nobody can do shit all for 4 years (if he makes it that long).

my $0.02. its a dangerous situation for ANY leader to wield this kind of power, whether he be black or not, or whatever all these racist people are saying.

In a democracy, any political leader can be removed from office. I forget the official word for it, and can’t quite remember how it’s done, but it happened to Paul Martin IIRC.

Impalement. I believe.

But for that to happen, you have to overcome ENORMOUS hurdles, and by the looks of his votes and electoral votes, nobody will get up enough support to impale him.

Also, on another interesting note, California (the state with the most amount of electoral votes) was not heavily fought over and didnt seem to be a huge deciding factor in the race, even though I believe it went to Obama.