pretty fast cobalt ss/tc

^^^ what he said… the power to weight ratio is very good stock. I personally love the look of the SS/SC and TC’s but I guess to each their own.

I personally think the interior is also pretty nice for the money… you get full leather and an option for Recaro’s in the older SC’s and you get Recaro’s standard in the TC’s.

As far as autox and track racing goes with a decent driver they have performed very well in their classes. Specifically autox due to the long gear ratios and dectn power and torque at throughout the powerband.

I’m not by any means saying a Cobalt is as good as an M3 or Corvette but for what your getting and for the money I think its one of if not the best FWD sport compacts out there.

I still give you that beating the MS3 at the ring does give it some cred.

the outrage on my part is probably mostly watching people like you put more money into a cobalt than it would cost you to buy a cooler better car that will retain resale value.

first person who says to be “unique” gets a home invasion.

I’ll say this… my SS/SC Cobalt put down 314whp/304wtq and I have maybe $1500 in the engine mods including my own tuning… Not too bad of a deal IMO.

that’s acceptable, I’ll even go as far as to say a decent value for your money. It’s the people putting $5k+ into them that are crazy.

I will agree with that… doing your own work and tuning definately helps keep the cost down. I actually recently parted the car out back to stock and didn’t lose a penny on my parts :slight_smile:

if a person likes the car they might not think anything else is cooler, and they may not care about resale value

dont 4get bout them srt4s, they matched stis and evos out of the box, were faster than gt stangs, bEEmers 3 times the price,etc for 18 grand, it was justy fwd, also the new cobalts from the factory that are now 260hp still run 14s, the srt4 ran a 13.8 stock

my fav part of the quick lil fwd cars are people that criticize them while theyre being passed :rubicant:

but im done with cars till i get my gts, ill stick to 9 sec bikes

^^^WORD

Chevy really tweaked the suspension on the SS to flat out perform. Its crazy to think the car has a solid rear end on it.

13 seconds is beating the shit out of the MS3.

lol. yes it is.

Any details on what the zzp swap really has?
I did not see any info on the car.

Any idea why the Sky’s and GXP’s are behind the cobalts in fast 1/4 track times?

here is a list of everything.

As many of you know, we have been using my '08 Cobalt SS/T to test a variety of new ZZP mods. We were able to push the stock turbo to 340whp(sae) and an 11.99 ET. We recently started releasing many of the parts I ran on this car. The next step was to work on a turbo swap in search of big power…

Ryan has been working hard on a bunch of new parts for the new ZZP LNF turbo upgrade. We just fired up my car with the first kit installed.

Here is the mod list:
ZZP LNF turbo kit with Borg Warner S256 extended tip turbo from Bullseye Power
External wastegate dump tube
ZZP upper charge tube
ZZP race intercooler
ZZP ported head with 78 lb valvesprings
ZZP fuel pressure modifier @ 2750psi
ZZP 3" stainless catback
ZZP stage 4 clutch

We fired up the car this afternoon and strapped it down on the dyno. I set up a file for the base tune and we made the first pull at 18psi. It was a short pull, shutting down at 6400 RPM and we were quite pleased with the results. Actual power was over 410whp, and the sae corrected power was 392(yeah, it’s cold here) and climbing rapidly. A couple pulls later we were over 410 corrected at 18psi. Unfortunately, when we turned it up, we started running into a bunch of ECM issues and had to work around them. It seems that the ECM likes to close the throttle and spoil all the fun.http://www.cobaltss.net/forums//images/smilies/icon_sad.gif We ran into this before and fixed it by limiting the pressure the MAP sensors could see. This time around, it seems that once we are flowing enough air, it doesn’t matter what the boost level is- the ECM still get’s angry and closes the throttle. After working on the solutions for a couple hours, I was finally able to make full pulls at over 20psi, putting down over 440whp. For the last pull, I added 2 gallons of 110 octane with approximately 4 gallons of 93 left in the tank, set the boost to 22psi and revved out to 7800 RPM. The pull was clean until 7500 RPM, when the throttle started to close and power fell off. Max power for this pull was 465 sae(491 uncorrected)whp! The dyno chart is not pretty, but the power this car is putting down through the full exhaust and after only a few dyno pulls is very promising.

Here is the dyno chart-

Boost is scaled at 1psi/10whp on the dyno chart. In other words, the 200whp line is the 20psi line.

im so sick of hearing about domestic shitty resale… EVERYTHING now has horrible resale!

Hell we have an 07 650i vert on our lot for $45k with only 30k, 2 years ago the car was 82k! How is that any better?

Nice! but damn they are kinda pushing those AFR’s a bit lean even with a slight race gas mix… unless they are running their wideband through the tail-pipe but i’d hope not for tuning purposes…