Pricing,colors,etc.

I see what you did there

Shit was hoping you could do bigger items. I was looking to get my one buggy frame done this winter. It’s prob a good 6-7’ long 3’ wide and 3’ tall.

We COULD do something like that but we would need IR heat lamps

Those would make the over look cheap to run. ~dozen 250watt lamps cooking away really sucks the juice! My one vacuum forming machine has 14 of those to heat the plastic sheeting to temp. I can watch the power meter pick up speed when that switch get’s flipped on :lol

i’ve built a few ovens for people before, one was a tall vertical oven that had staged thermo coils(oven coils) and you could turn them on as needed(all coupled to the same thermo) Also had shelving slots that allowed you to divide portions of the over into smaller sections so that if you were running a smaller batch of parts, you didn’t need to heat/maintain temp in the larger area of the full oven. Really helps to cut the power costs.

Starts getting expensive when you have to have roller tracks and/or gantry track to facilitate easier moving of heavier parts, but overall they’re pretty simple things to build. The insulation is actually the most expensive part in the bigger ovens. The rest can really be scavanged from other ovens for a DIY/low volume setup :slight_smile:

I’m all about saving money when/where I can in equipment like this.

I’m all for this though. Definitely need a competitor against PT in the area that does a good job. I’ll have work for you in the future for certain.

You should donate sheet metal so we can build a bigger oven!!

I second that!

You’ll be getting calls from us when we have something for ya!

nicee… going to have to stop in and talk to you guys about this!!

yoo can you guys powdercoat over chrome? If so if hondarat doesnt grab these wheels today I wanna powdercoat these wheels I just got black w/ a red lip.

Yes! red lip might be tough judging by the picture in the for sale thread, willing to try thou.

yo can you pick these fuckers up for me if tom doesnt buy them today? Im down to do it asap

Yea what size are they? Might not fit. All we have is our little kitchen oven at the moment

18s meng

Hmmmmmm

will be doing one of my friends frame in a few weeks once our oven is built! i will post pictures!

Sweet definitely post them up! I’ve got a full suspension frame that I’ve been thinking of having the frame triangles coated in a darker color with the linkages coated in a gold or bronze.

My best friend was employeed at powder tech for 2 years. he is willing to give up tons of information about them and the business if guys are looking for any inside information and tip lmk ill give you his info.

idk if we need any inside information, but some coating and stripping trade secrets might be handy. what was his job there?

I’ll be in touch. I also have a full suspension frame in need of pc. Along with other small parts.

sent LKSi a message about strippin a bicycle frame + fenders. let me know bro guys.