Powdercoating

Any one local do any powder coating? Dosent have to be a shop, could even be someone that does it on the side. I need a valve cover powder coated, but I dont wanna pay out the ass to get it done. Im just getting tired of the shatty rattle can paint jobs. I want something that’ll look nice. I also need a set of 16" rims done too… Anyone?

Why not just spray paint it?

I don’t understand the whole mystique of powder coating something.

Unless you want a wrinkle finish (which CAN be done with paint as well) you can save yourself alot of time and money by just using high temp spray paint.

Well, mainly for my rims, I did spray paint it. But since I let my car sit over winter w/out cleaning the brake dust off them, its permantly stuck onto the rim. White rims dont look good w/brown brake dust on them. And my valve cover keeps chipping on me. Plus, powdercoating looks 100x better, IMO. Id rather pay abit more to start with, then keep repainting things once a year.

Those things will still happen even with powdercoating, just saying.

powdercoat is way stronger than paint. I would paint the valve cover, it’s not going to get weathered like the wheels.

ASC does a good job and will work with you on pricing. If you strip the wheels yourself, it’ll be much cheaper than having them sand blast them.

Powdertech in Daunesburg just did some motorcycle parts for me, very quick turnaround of less than 2 days. Phone number is 3567431