Prime Minister Harper!

I like the sounds of that! :smiley: Too bad it’s just a minority but it’s a step in the right direction!

He won’t have support from any of the other parties. If they try to push anything slightly progressive we will be right back at the polls.

I predict that the government will fall to a non-confidence vote within 10 months.

I agree it might happen, but I would give it 18-24 months. Every one but the Liberals are up in numbers…so they will be happy for awhile…if they went to another election to soon all the other partys numbers would probably drop and they don’t want that!

I agree the Conservatives don’t have much of a led, and if a coalition developes, we will be back at the polls. However, I don’t see it happening for at least a year, more likely 2. We took Paul Martins crap for 2 years didn’t we!

hmmm, i really dont like the sounds of pm harper. but i think that the self destructive force of the conservatives wont last in gov’t, but thats just my opinion. I think they will do something that will not please the east and it will be another roller coaster of fun. but only time will tell, i just hope i can say ‘told ya so’

I just want to know when those damn $400 cheques are coming from the provincial government. :grrr

You guys from edmonton are just mad the new pm is from Calgary. jk

actually that would kick ass if the pm was in my riding, i doubt i would vote for him cause i just hate conservies, but honestly it would be nice if you had the leader of the country in your riding.

Hey we traded in a Deputy Minister to have the Prime Minister from 3 hours away, It’s all good!!

Hey we traded in a Deputy Minister to have the Prime Minister from 3 hours away, It’s all good!![/quote]

HAHA…Good trade if you ask me

It will be at least 18 months before we see another election. The election coffers are empty now.

Okay here is my .02:

1. Do we REALLY want our federal government spending another $250 million dollars on sending the voters back to the polls, it’s funny that we pay the government to hold an election and spend even more money to get to the polls (I think every Canadian should get $10.00 in gas money for driving to vote :E )

2. The Liberal will be going through a Leadership review, so they will not want another election called anytime soon, The BQ lost seats in this Election so they are not going to want to go back to the polls and risk loosing more seats, the NDP may not mind going back but the are happy they gained 10 seats.

3. The way the government is I think represents perfectly how I feel I def. don’t want the Liberals in power, but I don’t want a guy who supports Gorge Bush eg. Pro Iraq War, Pro National Defence Shield, and does not think Canada should be in the Kyoto Accord having a majority Government. I would like to see what the Tory’s can do but I like the fact that they are going to be kept in check by the other parties. I don’t think it could have worked out any better.

I just wanted to ask ya about this for a second.

If you had an older brother and he was in a fight and needed you back him up, would you do it??

Thats kinda how I think of it. We may not want to get involved in this fight, but the USA like it or not, is our big brother!! Everything we have comes from the US. Our Oil comes from our backyard it gets shipped down to the US turned into gas and we buy it back from them?? lol TV, music, satellite … etc. My families business has suffered HUGE because of the softwood lumber tax. This was not lifted or even reviewed properly cause of the relationship that we had with the US Government!! Cause first off Chretian fucked it all up between the US and us, and then Martin did shit all again to renew those ties with the US. If we backed up “Big brothers” ass in that Iraq war, I’m sure these wouldn’t have even come into play… The cattle ban… etc all these things tie into our relationship with the US.

Thats just my $ .02!!

You know what all I’m going to say is you need to be a little more learned on these topics, I could type up a rather large sized essay on these topics. and I’m not thread Jacking. You should watch a movie called “The Corporation” and read a few books by Noam Chomsky Especially his “Manufacturing Consent”.

Just because the US is bigger then us we cant let them manipulate us however they want. I have yet to talk to anyone who actually wants missile defense and Martin sent Bush a strong message about that. The US needs us just as much as we need them. I’d like to see what happens if we turned off their power and water…

Here’s a write up I found in the Ottawa Citizen newspaper,

Imagine working for a company with a little more than 300 employees that has the following statistics:
30 have been accused of spousal abuse.
9 arrested for fraud
14 accused of writing bad cheques
95 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 small businesses
4 have done time for assault
55 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
12 have been arrested for drug related charges
4 have been arrested for shoplifting
16 are currently defendants in lawsuits
62 have been arrested for drunk driving.

This is the 301 MP’s in the canadian parliment.

not to be a jackass’ but somehow i just dont belive this is 100% true, i’ll retract that statement if someone can show me proof, but i saw this writeup in an email that was going around, and i just cant belive a random email

You are yet another victim of believing stuff posted on the Internet that isn’t true.

Actually I have the clipping from the newspaper. It’s posted in our coffee room. So don’t come off thinking I’m some nieve idiot who falls for shit I see posted on some internet site, I don’t buy into most of it either, but it’s good for a laugh. :finga:

BTW, you may not believe it, but I sure wouldn’t doubt it.

Not that I don’t believe you, just want more info. How is that written in the paper? A letter to the editor? Or is it actually some sort of article?

I find it odd a reputable newspaper is publishing something that is basically internet junk mail and is clearly not true.

edit:

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 300 employees, and has the following statistics:

30 have been accused of spousal abuse
9 have been arrested for fraud
14 have been accused of writing bad checks
95 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
4 have done time for assault
55 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
12 have been arrested on drug related charge
4 have been arrested for shop lifting
16 are currently defendants in lawsuits
62 have been arrested from drunk driving in the last year

Can you guess which organization this is?

It is the 301 MPs in the Canadian Parliament!

Some of the versions in circulation of the Canadian form of the e-mail assert the information came from The Ottawa Citizen, which is the newspaper in Canada’s capital city, Ottawa. That tidbit is wholly false — The Ottawa Citizen never ran such an article.