Problem Found?

Alright well after going to many shops, I think i have pin pointed my problem with the stiff steering. It seems that the faster i go the stiffer it gets, so i talked to Queensway Auto (really good shop) and they said it most likely is my steering rack. They said that whoever installed my inner tie rod might have damaged the steering rack during the process of removing the old inner tie rod (you have to hold onto the steering rack while removing the inner tie rod. this is what they told me, not sure if it’s true). They said that when im going faster, it is obvious that my revs are higher and that fluids are pumping more or something like that. If my steering rack was leaking internally this would explain why it is stiffer while i go faster. I was going 140km/h two days ago and it was incrediblly stiff. We all know that the faster you go the easier steering should be. I also hear a rubbing noise near my steering rack when i make big turns (for example if i do a 3 pt turn or a U-Turn). So i just want to make sure its my steering rack before replacing the thing. Anyone have this experience or any knowledge to enlighten me? thanks