Problems with WMP and my computer

well about amonth ago, somtehing happened with my desktop. Every time i would try to open anything in Media Player, my computer lags to the point where i cant stand it. Then my monitor starts flashing black, then desktop, black, desktop and so on. I decided to format when this happened, but for some reason, when i did this, it didn’t fix the problem. I’ve tried quite a few things… but i have no idea what is causing this. SHould i try to repair windows?

any ideas?

Just try the no destructive repair lol

Wait - it fixed the problem? or it didn’t.

You say it did, but the rest of your statement sounds as if it didn’t.

less WMP.

oops…

it did not fix it.

its not just with WMP… its with any media player

I thought you were a computer a tech? :slight_smile:

Try updating your sound card drivers maybe?

if u wernt sucha tampa bay lightning fan, then maybe things would be… OK

you completely reformatted and it STILL does it? You have a fucked up driver, or a fucked up piece of hardware.

okay, then it’s a driver or hardware issue / conflict.

edit - and im slow to read apparently, howie./

paint your car a normal color and it should start working. i promise.

its my video card. i swapped it with my old one. everything works fine.

think it could be driver issues? i remember updating them in the new vid. card.

or could it be the actual card?

why don’t you find out :slight_smile:

hate you

Stop being lazy, mr. computer tech

lol…

yea yea

i fixed it ass face

I know you fixed it, but did you find out whether or not it was driver related or hardware related?

it was driver related. for some reason the newer drivers are causing this problem.

i just installed the drivers from the CD and everything worked fine. after that… i tried a new beta version of what i had before (93.71…updating to beta 93.81)… and the problem still happened.

so i am going to install the old version (91.47) to see if that will work fine. If not, then i will just use the drivers from the CD and call it a day

ur computer FUCKING SUCKS man im so sorry