Programming Viper Remotes

I have an old Viper 300 (I’m pretty sure it’s not the esp or + model) and I’m trying to reprogram my remote for it. I got pushed in a pool with it still in my pocket and it stopped working (obviously). I let it dry for a few days then replaced the battery. It was sending signal (LED was blinking), but it had lost all of it’s codes. I bought another remote on ebay with the same model # (EZSDEI471) and have been trying to get that one programmed.

I have tried everything I found online (only 2 different methods, probably for the esp/+ models) with no luck. Here is a quick step by step of what I tried.

Option 1:

1. Open door
  2. Key on
  3. Press valet 9x
  4. Hold valet
  5. Press and release lock/unlock (valet still held)
  6. Release valet
  7. Key off
  8. Test = Fail

Option 2:

1. Open door
  2. Key on
  3. Press vallet 1 time and release (1 for arm/disarm, 2 for silent mode, 3 for aux)
  4. Hold valet
  5. Press and release lock/unlock (valet still held)
  6. Release valet
  7. Key off
  8. Test = Fail

I tried both of these several times with both remotes, making sure to have no more than 10 seconds between each step (15 seconds times out learning mode).

Any pros out there want to give me some hints?

give first bass a try

It sounds like you have the idea, but if you have an older remote it could be a scratch off or you cuold have something wrong preventing it from learning… (bad door trigger, bad ignition feed)

Stop down and see Definitive Auto (First Base) they will get you sorted out, and doubt they would charge much for it…

I think with that new remote, it requires some delicate soldering IIRC. It’s really difficult to do. I have an old Viper alarm in one of my cars, and it didn’t come with a remote. So, I bought one, and took it to my local stereo shop, and after about an hour of messing with it, they got it to work.

Well the thing is, my old remote(same exact part #) should be reprogrammable. If any soldering need to be done, it is done on this one. I just don’t think I have the correct learning sequence for this model and I haven’t been able to find it ANYWHERE. I found it for the 300+ and the 300 ESP, but those are what i showed above and neither of those work.

prior to programmable, which hasn’t changed much since they were scratch-off programmable.

If it is not a program issue, you could be missing a connection. For example, if the door trigger is not correct it won’t go into remote programing likewise if the ignition trigger is wrong, it won’t go into programming.

Hmmm, some good points posted. Can anyone at least verify if one of these methods are SUPPOSED to work with this alarm/remote?

yes, that is the same method that Viper used for years… The siren should chirp to confirm your steps along the way.

It’s not really worth beating yourself up, I’d just go visit a stereo shop… get it over with